ghost ultimate installed... not impressed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ggallin

Bearcat
the trigger feels only slighty less gritty. its not lighter, and it breaks like yugo with very noticeable stack and a major hiccup just befor the break. and no im not bashing arthur or his product . i appreciate the fact that they busted ass to get us these pieces for the sr9, and a quality piece it is. i just thought this was going to be the ?cure? we were all waiting for and i dont think it is.
P.S not sure aftermarket parts are going to fix rugers shortcomings.

supernac

Bearcat
I'm really enjoying the rocket I installed a few weeks ago. I agree on the weight, it's not much lighter.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Surprising... Isn't it supposed to be a 3.5lb connector? I'm glad I waited before ordering one.

Everyone just needs to snip 2 coils off of their striker spring. That's when you'll find what you're looking for. 8)

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I installed the Ultimate 3.5#. I am not impressed, although I'm sure the pull is lighter than it was before. I still have a long raspy draw.
It's true that I would have likely preferred the Rocket, but the price is up there; twice the price of the Ultimate.
Sonnytoo

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
ConradM":wdbpmm3o said:
Surprising... Isn't it supposed to be a 3.5lb connector? I'm glad I waited before ordering one.

Everyone just needs to snip 2 coils off of their striker spring. That's when you'll find what you're looking for. 8
)

Explain please? I've been wanting but waiting to order one (maybe two now since i've ordered a SR9c) but seems every time i check in here there are as many cons as pros :roll:

ConradM

Blackhawk
Texasgunner":g3joxh6v said:
ConradM":g3joxh6v said:

Everyone just needs to snip 2 coils off of their striker spring. That's when you'll find what you're looking for. 8
)

Explain please? I've been wanting but waiting to order one (maybe two now since i've ordered a SR9c) but seems every time i check in here there are as many cons as pros :roll:

If you break your striker down... As in take out the pin and remove the striker cup you have easy access to the spring... You can trim the spring down and it greatly reduces the trigger pull weight. If you do this, put the cut end down inside the striker so it's not stabbing the striker cup. For some reason ruger made the spring much stronger than it needed to be. I lobbed about 2.5 coils off of mine and I would guess the pull dropped to 5 or 6lbs.

Some will argue this is a bad idea, and it may or may not be. But attempt it at your own risk. It worked for me and a few other SR9 owners.

elkhunter62

Bearcat
ConradM":1dx52ac4 said:
Oh and no light strikes with a cut spring.
Hey conrad is that the pistol you use in your matches and does it still stike the primer hard enough ? I did put the ultimate in mine and the pull on mine before was right about six pounds now its like four but would like it lighter.

ConradM

Blackhawk
elkhunter62":17h6qe1z said:
ConradM":17h6qe1z said:
Hey conrad is that the pistol you use in your matches and does it still stike the primer hard enough ? I did put the ultimate in mine and the pull on mine before was right about six pounds now its like four but would like it lighter.

Yea, hence the reason I said no light strikes :p

I've used it once in a "new shooter night" and did fine with it. In the last match I used my XDm.

If you think you have a 4lb pull I would leave it. Compared to my XDm my sr9 must have been close to 10 - 11 lbs before I cut the springs.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz":1hhavr59 said:
This is a thread that Conrad started awhile back concerning cutting a striker spring. His mod didn't turn out well. Not sure why he would even think to recommend it to others.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... sc&start=0

you have to be kidding me. SR9 spring cups crack, it's been proven. Stop trying to make it seem like a cut spring has anything to do with it. :roll:

ConradM

Blackhawk
Oh and way to link a thread I made about spring cups and rewording it to sound like it should be about cut springs. Classy move. :?

ConradM

Blackhawk
Whatever, nobody can prove or come up with a real reason as to how a shorter spring would crack the cup...

So I say again, do it at your own risk. I know others have with success and my current striker has a cut spring.

Fact of the matter is, Ruger should have made the damn thing out of metal. But it's not exactly a secret that they dropped the ball with this one.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Conrad, when your gun was fixed by replacing the striker assembly after it broke, did you cut the spring again? I didn't think so.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz":12bgqihs said:
Conrad, when your gun was fixed by replacing the striker assembly after it broke, did you cut the spring again? I didn't think so.

Yes. and how long ago was that? Ask me if it still functions just fine....

ConradM

Blackhawk
Just admit it... You can't prove that one thing has anything to do with the other.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz":14x0505d said:
ConradM":14x0505d said:
Oh and way to link a thread I made about spring cups and rewording it to sound like it should be about cut springs. Classy move. :?

Your kidding, right?

Cheesewhiz":14x0505d said:
This is a thread that Conrad started awhile back concerning cutting a striker spring. His mod didn't turn out well. Not sure why he would even think to recommend it to others.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... sc&start=0

The thread was about the cup NOT the spring as you tried to make it sound.

elkhunter62

Bearcat
ConradM":16pdxq1v said:
elkhunter62":16pdxq1v said:
ConradM":16pdxq1v said:

Yea, hence the reason I said no light strikes :p

I've used it once in a "new shooter night" and did fine with it. In the last match I used my XDm.

If you think you have a 4lb pull I would leave it. Compared to my XDm my sr9 must have been close to 10 - 11 lbs before I cut the springs.
Thanks conrad then i think i will leave till i know for sure!!! about the pull weight