Ghost Trigger?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

railroader

Single-Sixer
If you have to send it in for warranty work you can switch it back. Glocks are pretty easy to work on. You can find the "how to" online. Mark

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
railroader":27tmbb7l said:
If you have to send it in for warranty work you can switch it back. Glocks are pretty easy to work on. You can find the "how to" online. Mark

I was asking about aSR9 , not a Glock. I want to know if use a Ghost trigger set up will void my warrenty???

railroader

Single-Sixer
3leggeddog":3ozjega8 said:
railroader":3ozjega8 said:

I was asking about aSR9 , not a Glock. I want to know if use a Ghost trigger set up will void my warrenty???

Sorry but your link was for a glock. Mark

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
railroader":eodvjcsi said:
3leggeddog":eodvjcsi said:
railroader":eodvjcsi said:

Sorry but your link was for a glock. Mark

The link was posted by Da_TriggR4Ruger,not me! No problem,thanks for looking in....I should of been more clearer!

jhearne

Buckeye
Having it installed if you return it to Ruger someday for other issues shouldn't void a warranty. However, removing it and returning the trigger reset bar to the stock one shouldn't be much trouble at all, and once it's back you can re-install it. I have a sticky at the top of the Semi-Auto section you can check out to get your gun down to it's internals. I'm going to add in a How-To on the Ghost Trigger part once it's actually released and will also do a video how-to on it as well at a later date.

The only problem I can see in having the Ghost part in your gun if you return it to Ruger is that they'll swap it back to stock and charge you for the replacement. The odds they'd do that are slim, but seeing the part isn't released yet, this is all just speculation.

Josh

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
jhearne":1erjviip said:
Having it installed if you return it to Ruger someday for other issues shouldn't void a warranty. However, removing it and returning the trigger reset bar to the stock one shouldn't be much trouble at all, and once it's back you can re-install it. I have a sticky at the top of the Semi-Auto section you can check out to get your gun down to it's internals. I'm going to add in a How-To on the Ghost Trigger part once it's actually released and will also do a video how-to on it as well at a later date.

The only problem I can see in having the Ghost part in your gun if you return it to Ruger is that they'll swap it back to stock and charge you for the replacement. The odds they'd do that are slim, but seeing the part isn't released yet, this is all just speculation.

A BIG Thanks to you. For sure I'll be watching for you update. Im hoping to the get trigger pull down to 4 to 5 lbs with a little shorter pull. Question- will this change any of the safety features build into the gun ?
Thanks for your time!!!

Josh

jhearne

Buckeye
No problem for the help, it's nice to be able to for once.

No it should not, it's only reducing the trigger pull weight, but that could make it where dropping the gun could produce a Accidental/Negligent Discharge. The Trigger Shoe (Glockish Recall Addition) should prevent that as it physically blocks the trigger forward at all times. I don't think this makes a Glock with the Ghost Trigger installed any more prone to AD's or ND's.

The Trigger Safety and Manual Thumb Safety should function as if the gun were stock.

The best safety you have on any firearm is the one between your ears.

Josh

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
jhearne":14dlorx3 said:
No problem for the help, it's nice to be able to for once.

No it should not, it's only reducing the trigger pull weight, but that could make it where dropping the gun could produce a Accidental/Negligent Discharge. The Trigger Shoe (Glockish Recall Addition) should prevent that as it physically blocks the trigger forward at all times. I don't think this makes a Glock with the Ghost Trigger installed any more prone to AD's or ND's.

The Trigger Safety and Manual Thumb Safety should function as if the gun were stock.

The best safety you have on any firearm is the one between your ears.

Josh

I see they make a 4.5lb "RANGER" trigger part -Drop in? It would be SO great if you can do a install write up on this , If it comes out for the SR9. I hope the install will be simple to do!!!
Thanks again for alll your help...

jhearne

Buckeye
The way I understand it is that you disassemble the SR9 down to the internal groups, remove the safety lever, and remove the Stock Trigger Bar, it slides out. Replace with the Ghost TB, it says on most all of them that some fitting is required. I think they mean that multiple assembly/disassemblies are required to get the pull just right, because you'll have to remove some metal from the Trigger Bar a little bit. I won't know for sure until someone who's installed one before replies, I do not and have not owned a Glock.

As for the write-up on the install it's already in amongst my plans after they release it and I can buy one and test it out some, I'll be sure and take pictures before and after it's installed and throughout the installation process. I'll also give my opinion on the trigger's improvements after I get a range trip in.

Josh

alienbogey

Bearcat
Mid-August....been waiting for this for months now.......

I've been spoiled by the trigger on my P7, can't wait for the Ghost to see if I can't get the SR9 to be more like that.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
jhearne":1mvz6n9e said:
The way I understand it is that you disassemble the SR9 down to the internal groups, remove the safety lever, and remove the Stock Trigger Bar, it slides out. Replace with the Ghost TB, it says on most all of them that some fitting is required. I think they mean that multiple assembly/disassemblies are required to get the pull just right, because you'll have to remove some metal from the Trigger Bar a little bit. I won't know for sure until someone who's installed one before replies, I do not and have not owned a Glock.

As for the write-up on the install it's already in amongst my plans after they release it and I can buy one and test it out some, I'll be sure and take pictures before and after it's installed and throughout the installation process. I'll also give my opinion on the trigger's improvements after I get a range trip in.

Josh

I just seen this on Ghost web sight: "The GHOST 3.5 LB. TRIGGER, 3.5 LB. ULTIMATE, 4.5 LB. RANGER & 5.0 LB. PATROL are drop-in trigger connectors. Drop-in means there is NO fitting required. You do not have to remove any material for these trigger connectors to function properly".
I'm thinking a 4.5 lb Ranger sound real good for a all around carry + plinker gun. Waiting is sssso hard!!!!!