Ghost Rocket In Today!!!!!! Trigger Mod underway.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Guppy

Bearcat
My ghost rockets came in today!!!!!

I installed and tweaked my new ghost diconnector today. The trigger has less take up before the break. I would guess that it is breaking at 4-5 pounds with a bit of creep before the break. I have traced the little bit of creep to the slide settling on the frame as the trigger bar pulls back and down on the striker. I may try tightening the slide to the rails to prevent this..
I have polished all the internals and shortened the tang on the striker to minimum enguagement.

The trigger is like a lightened SR-9C trigger with an over travel stop.

I will shoot it tomorrow and report.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Hmmm...I didn't check that. I noticed some odd creep/clicking/hitch in the trigger pull right before it breaks, too. The slide settling could be it.

-JT

Guppy":u8tkhfof said:
My ghost rockets came in today!!!!!

I installed and tweaked my new ghost diconnector today. The trigger has less take up before the break. I would guess that it is breaking at 4-5 pounds with a bit of creep before the break. I have traced the little bit of creep to the slide settling on the frame as the trigger bar pulls back and down on the striker. I may try tightening the slide to the rails to prevent this..
I have polished all the internals and shortened the tang on the striker to minimum enguagement.

The trigger is like a lightened SR-9C trigger with an over travel stop.

I will shoot it tomorrow and report.

subse7en

Bearcat
Guppy you are right about the slide if I apply a little pressure to the front of the slide pushing the slide to the frame and dry fire it fires crisp with no creep. Let us know on the forum if you can think of a way of tightening the slide to the rails. Also I did remove the mag disconnect from my sr9.

subse7en

Bearcat
update: I have inserted a mag and the weird creep is gone now it seems to only be there when the mag is out.

Guppy

Bearcat
The creep and grunge in the trigger goes away once a mag is inserted for me. These should shoot pretty well now. I was having a terrible time trying to shoot a decent goup with the stock trigger. In fact my compact was delivering groups less than half the size of the full size.........

Guppy

Bearcat
After installing the rocket I was having reset issues at the range. apparently I hold the trigger to the rear hard enough that the trigger bar will hang up on the trigger stop and fail to rise to intercept the striker as the slide returns...... This led to the trigger failing to reset or in the case of one of the two guns the trigger bar would rise enough to catch the striker and the release leading to doubling.......

I removed the trigger stop portion of the rocket entirely and now the issues seem to be gone. I will head to the range tomorrow and test the new set up. As is the trigger is crisp, but still 5 - 5.5 lbs. The trigger release happens after far less take up. Which means less striker movement before releasing. This gun may actually reach OK status.

Guppy

Bearcat
I did get to the range today and test the new set up out. The trigger is right at 5lbs but crisp with a small amount of take up. Shooting the gun was great, the low bore axis and great grip shape make the gun a breeze to shoot fast. I had no problem keeping shots in 4 inches at 15 yards. Even shooting as fast as I can I had no problem putting hits on three sheets of typing paper at 15 yards. My outdoor range has no provisions for anything less than 15 yards.

I could be really happy if I can get this trigger down to 3.5 - 4.5 lbs. As is the trigger is lot like a bone stock 5.5lb glock trigger with less initial take up. Not bad but not what I want for USPSA / IDPA.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
I had reset issues with mine and contacted Ghost. I was sent a new Rocket with a return envelope for the old. However, after fitting the new Rocket, I noticed reset issues under dryfire. I filmed a video of the issue in dryfire for Arthur to examine. He asked me for live fire vid, and I took it to the range on Saturday and put three mags through the gun. No problems with live fire. I've got to test it again in dryfire to see if the reset issue still happens, and put another 100 rounds or so through the gun.

-JT

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
My 9c has a raspy movement as I begin to pull the safety on the trigger. Then, after that, I have a rather long untidy pull, followed by stacking and a decent break. But it sure takes a while. Although pull is lighter with the GHOST Ultimate, the entire pull is no smoother. Certainly not the best trigger I've ever had, but for a combat firearm, okay.
Now, if I can get the left-hand thumb safety to operate, that'd be nice. Gotta call Ruger; have 'em send me a new safety.
Sonnytoo

jhearne

Buckeye
Sonnytoo, I can't remember who said it, may have even been you, but someone contacted GHOST and they said to wait on polishing until the parts have some time to wear in a bit. Not bad advice, but if after a few hundred rounds and countless dry-fires, things still seem rough and still stack weird, try the polishing. It should take up a good deal of the stacking. It won't help much with the Length of Pull, but it should improve the feel of it.

Josh