Ghost How-To?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

alienbogey

Bearcat
Any of our experts planning on coming out with a Ghost how-to in the near future?

I know I can go by Ghost's instructions, but I'd love to have the benefit of the trailblazers' experences.

I got the Ghost with overtravel, it's going to be crappy weather this weekend, and I'd like to do a complete fluff&buff on the SR9 while installing the Ghost, so that I can either get this trigger to something I can like or sell the pistol.

jhearne

Buckeye
Heh, I guess this is a gentle nudge ;)

I'm intending on doing it, but it'll be a re-use of the original How-To to get the detail strip to the main interior assemblies. From there it'll be new material. I'll be getting me a Ghost Rocket here soon. Currently I just moved back to my house and things are a bit hectic financially, a new SR9 Connector isn't on the top of my list currently. Bear with me for now as I plan to have a video counterpart for it....along with the other videos after things settle down.

I've gone through Ghost's instructions and they're plenty thorough for the install, I definitely recommend them in the mean time.

Josh

jhearne

Buckeye
This

It's a replacement Trigger Connector made by Ghost Inc. It is advertised to bring down your trigger pull to 3.5 lbs, but in real life your looking at below 5 almost certainly, varying between 3.5 and 5 lbs. There are other models for the SR9/c but this is the popular one currently. So much talk on them because we SR9 owners have been waiting since almost a year ago when they were announced. They just started shipping about 2 weeks ago. Hope this clears up some confusion :)

Josh

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
contender":30eyqhyu said:
Ok,, I'm stupid,,, what the heck is a Ghost in relation to an SR-9? Are we talking ghost ring sights?

Hey Contender, what are you doing over here anyway? Strange to see you here. Me too.
Yep, like Josh Hearne said above. You can get drop-in models also. I have the Ultimate...drop-in model...$30 for advertised 3.5# pull weight. The instructions on the GHOST website are clear and I did this last week in maybe 2 hrs. Could do it in ten minutes with practice. Watched the GHOST rep do it at the Orlando show in 5 minutes or less. Of course, he's done a million.
I have a GHOST in my Glock also. Many Glock-owners rave about them.
Have a good 'un.
Sonnytoo

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok,, now I've been educated!
Thanks!
And yes,, I rarely surf around here,, as my knowledge of the semi's is weak,, and I'm stubborn enough to not get too involved for fears of buying more of them. I can't afford my SA habit as it is,,,!
:D