GF-32 S/N 157-58653 stolen in L.A. 08-20-2015 recovered!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
GF-32, ser. no. 157-58653, was the first gun I gave my son.
It was stolen from his home in Harbor City, Los Angles County, Ca. yesterday, 08-20-2015.

Also stolen was a nice SR-1911 (Ser. No. 670-53705) that I won at the Boise show in Jan. 2013 and gave it to my son, who used it as an off duty carry.

These guns, along with some others also stolen, have been reported to Law Enforcement.
Please be on the look out.
Thanks,
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
Good news! GF-32 S/N 157-58653 has been recovered in Los Angles by they L.A. Sheriff! :D
Bad news is that it was involved in a robbery and won't be released from evidence until after the trial and any appeals. :shock: :(

So far, none of the other stolen guns have surfaced. :(

This GF-32 was a gift from me to my son when he 'came of age'. Go glad he's going to get it back! Even if it takes a couple of more years!
Terry T

smith1961

Blackhawk
Terry T said:
Good news! GF-32 S/N 157-58653 has been recovered in Los Angles by they L.A. Sheriff! :D
Bad news is that it was involved in a robbery and won't be released from evidence until after the trial and any appeals. :shock: :(

Good news Terry! it's a start! :)

Tip

Single-Sixer
About 8 years ago, I recovered a Beretta 92F (as a deputy sheriff) from a suspect in a domestic disturbance. It came back stolen from Austin. I wasn't there to see the owner's face when he got it back but I heard he was greatly surprised.

Good for you and your son, too Terry!
I love hearing those stories

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Terry T said:

So far, none of the other stolen guns have surfaced. :(

This GF-32 was a gift from me to my son when he 'came of age'. Go glad he's going to get it back! Even if it takes a couple of more years!
Terry T

Terry,
Maybe he wil "Plead out" and your son will get the gun back sooner. I can't imagine how
two or more years in an evidence room affect the metal on the pistol.
Blackie

"Sixes" are especially precious here in CA because of our truly dumbest gun law which doesn't permit their "import" from other states--they aren't C&R yet and of course aren't on the "Safe Gun Roster." (Is there a SAFER gun than a Security Six???. I doubt it.).