Gerber BMF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oregon73

Blackhawk
This is a knife and a half. I have a few Gerber coffin-handle bowies, and they are all great, but this thing is in a class of its own. I'm not sure I really "like" the Rambo styling with that funny sawback (that was pretty popular in knife design back in the 80's) but it is still a serious working knife, with very nice balance and grip. Original sheath. Also came with a really nice Silva compass that fits into a pocket on the sheath.

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

Just had to show you guys. A Gerber BMF has been on my "to-get" list for years. I understand BMF to stand for "Basic Multi Function" but I thought something entirely different when I first picked up the knife. :wink:

Rob

oregon73

Blackhawk
Yosemite Sam":1xuyln3s said:
Now you need a Magnum Research BFR to go along with it. BFR means "Biggest Finest Revolver", really... (uh-huh...)

-- Sam

Nice! Those are gigantic single actions that are made in calibers such as 45-70, right? I think a BFR companion piece is about the only thing that would make this knife look, well, normal.

Rob

oregon73

Blackhawk
Skalkaho Slim":2zc0g55x said:
I carried one of these (sans sawback) in Desert Storm back in '90-'91.

Got some ribbing for it, but it made openeing MRE boxes a breeze. :lol:

GerberBMF009.jpg

IMO that knife looks way better without the sawback. Can't believe you got ribbed for carrying such a fine, gigantic knife. :wink:

Rob