Georgia Suspends State Gas Tax

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
It will take a little while because the tax is collected at the distributor, not at the gas station. It should drop 29¢ at the pump as new gas is delivered at the lower price. My guess is that the lower volume stations will be hosed until they get a fill up at the new price with the higher volume stations getting the price drop first. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

www.ajc.com/news/consumers-could-wait-for-state-fuel-tax-suspension-relief/C7V7PF4S45FTLKXVFRVJYEJK44

I live close to TN and you can bet they'll be coming here to save some bucks, and I can't blame them.

Everybody loves to pile on CA so let's all do it here--right on cue. Wait! What's that? PA has the highest state tax on gas? 😲 It would be cheaper for them to drive to GA to fill up LOL

Other states are considering suspending it, too.

State gas taxes from the lowest to the highest. Scroll down.

www.worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/gas-taxes-by-state

herky

Bearcat
heard this am on news that 3 states dropped the gas tax. but i remember Ga. Pa., gas tax thought to be used to fix the roads, the larger pot holes they put an orange cone in the hole, and we have to drive around it on a 2 lane road. the other holes/ trenches a slow down and miss.