Gas Prices Rising

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ride1949

Blackhawk
$5.29 - $5.69 for regular unleaded here. Up 30 - 60 cents since yesterday, depending on which end of town you go to.

RSIno1

Hunter
Today in SoCal most places $6.50ish saw a couple places over $7 for premium. I filled up last Friday at Arco (cheapest chain gas) and it was $6.09 today $6.38.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
The topic is about whether the price is going up or down. Merely posting the price in your area doesn't really help.

It's still going DOWN in North Texas.

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
See your point GasGuzz. And heard this morning cuttting back. Will mean higher prices and more like over $100 per barrel. Be back up to $4.50 or more for us all before long. Just in time for the holiday season. in for a rough ride for us all because of this Democrat BS.

WalMart and Kroger are hanging in at $2.79, up a few cents but fairly stable. Brand name out on the interstate as high as $3.29. Of course you have to add the extra 9 thousands to that. Haven't seen much of a fluctuation here. I was expecting a jump after Hurricane Ian but hasn't happened, maybe because the hurricane didn't affect any of the offshore oil rigs?
Glad I don't live in California anymore.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Whether the price is going up or down the oil companies are making good profits. They say the price reflects supply and demand but they don't say who or what makes the supply and demand go up or down. I think they themselves have a lot to do with it.

Last edited:

akbluz

Single-Sixer
Gas last week went up $0.60 per gallon to $5.29 here in Wasilla. Supposedly due to refinery maintenance shutdowns. In Alaska we produce crude oil, ship it to the west coast refineries to make gasoline, and then pay more to ship the gasoline back to Alaska. I guess I should be glad I don't live in the "bush". No telling how much it costs now in rural Alaska.

caryc

Hawkeye
Gas last week went up $0.60 per gallon to $5.29 here in Wasilla. Supposedly due to refinery maintenance shutdowns. In Alaska we produce crude oil, ship it to the west coast refineries to make gasoline, and then pay more to ship the gasoline back to Alaska. I guess I should be glad I don't live in the "bush". No telling how much it costs now in rural Alaska.
Don't Alaskan residents get some kind of paycheck for that oil the govt. sells?

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
Already saying we will be screwed on the news I just heard. Begging the mid east after shutting down our pipelines like assholes. Anything to force people into battery crap we don't want. Look at the prices of those ridiculous cars. Really want to shove em down our throats even though grids cannot support them.

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
Get ready to pay more! Dumocraps will try to keep it down a bit til after the election. Thank em for shutting down our pipelines and buying foreign oil. Real stupid but want us to buy battery junk.

pyth0n

Blackhawk