Gas mileage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sharpblade7777

Single-Sixer
And even at today's prices , that still rounds off to zero .
I also have this little Ranger pickup I bought new in 2003. It averages close to 25 mag. 5 speed, 4 cylinder. I usually drive the jeep one day then the Ranger the next day. I surely don't fill them up very often.
20210615 093204

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Traffic never got back to fully pre Zombie Era , maybe 90% . Last month or so maybe a hair drop .

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
My Ranger is 3.0 V-6 auto . Will do that highway , mixed is 20-22 mpg .

And doesn't pay for me to pass up OT just to save a little gas . Penny wise , pound foolish .

jimbo1096

Buckeye
I drive about 4 hours a day for work, in their vehicle, $4.54 a gallon and it cost them $136 to fill it yesterday, I get about 14 mpg and fill up twice a week average, sometimes 3x.
I'd say the traffic is about the same as pre-covid.

contender

Ruger Guru
I need my truck for work, like many others here. I try & consolidate trips,, make my route to customers in a manner to economize. I also try & keep my foot out of the throttle as much as possible.
And my V-8 Chevy full sized truck gets an average of 18-19 mpg.
Still the cost is stupidly high.
Just yesterday, I stopped to fill up (again,) and the attendant knew my helper. So, as I was finishing up,, I commented that earlier I'd seen the price at a nickle cheaper. He replied; "Yep,, it went up a nickle a few hours ago."
To which I replied; "Well, we get what we vote for,, and since Biden has gotten into office,, the cost has almost doubled since he got in office."
He mumbled a reply that "Yeah it has gone up a lot."
I got in my truck, and as we left,, I asked my buddy about the guy. Yep,, a Biden supporter. He was surprised I didn't get an ear-full from him.

You can NOT deny the facts.

And in my case,, I'm passing along my extra gas expenses to my customers. If it goes back down,, I'll go back down. But if it continues to rise,, I'll keep going up.

Ride1949

Single-Sixer
Those 2 wheelers sure save gas BUT I'm seeing a big increase in accidents as apparently, unskilled or out of practice riders run off the road or crash into things.
Would it really come as a big surprise to find out that a vast number of these accidents were caused by inattentive cage drivers? I've been riding, going on 60 years, and have been down twice. First time by the infamous "honest officer. I didn't see the motorcycle" left turn in front of me. Second time by some idiot that rear-ended me at a stop light. (He was reading a newspaper he had laying on the seat next to him.) The saying "ride like they're out to kill you" is no joke.

Edit: to correct auto correct.

Last edited:

moparclan

Bearcat
Still busy here and speed limit is not observed. My Ford Focus gets 40 MPG, my 91 Harley Electra Glide 50, my 56 F100 18 with the 312 T-Bird engine and my 85 Ram 16. So whats the problem. Retired with lots of income.

protoolman

Hunter
Yep, heading out on a long drive in the morning. Taking the wife's Ford Focus 5 speed at about 38-40 mpg highway, can't afford my V-8 Ram this time. If I was going by myself I'd go with my Honda shadow shaft drive at 75 mpg or around town my little Kawasaki 250. The wife's got me beat with her Yamaha scooter at 150 mpg though. Top speed is 35-40 only though so she can't leave town but it will haul 4 bags of groceries. Plenty of idle drilling rigs here in ND! And a pile of pipe not in the ground near my house. Keystone pipeline that was never finished!

And in my case,, I'm passing along my extra gas expenses to my customers. If it goes back down,, I'll go back down. But if it continues to rise,, I'll keep going up.
That’s what most companies are doing. But unlike you, I don’t think they are going to lower their prices once the gas prices go back down….if they do go down.

toysoldier

Hunter
Several years ago I bought a Piaggio 125 "Typhoon" scooter to commute to work on when weather permitted. Now that I'm retired and gas prices have gone crazy, I use the scooter to get to my volunteer jobs. I'm a yard sale addict, but have just about quit cold turkey. I live just outside the city, but still "package" my chores to get as much done with as little driving as possible.

bookemdano

Bearcat
Like 7777, I've been retired for 9 years now and after over 40 years of
resolving other peoples problems of their own making in most cases,
I only leave my 28 acre slice of heaven when absolutely necessary.
Ford FX4 only gets around 12 MPG so unless I need to trailer my
tractor or RZR. It's only used to haul off the garbage or run to the
farmers Coop. (which was out of diesel and not sure when they
could get any delivered; severely limiting my Tractor use.)
My Jeep Renegade averages around 25 mpg and is used for the
grocery runs or to go to the MD. We buy locally and try to
consolidate our needs into one trip covering all our needs.
123mmm

123mnm

Dano

Century Limited

Bearcat
I drive a 2005 Toyota Sequoia. I only have 109,000 miles on it. It has been paid for for many years. I need to drive it across country to help mother in law move out of house and then bring a couple pieces of furniture that have sentimental value to my wife back home. They will not fit in my wife's Honda Pilot, so I will use between half again and twice as much fuel. Before Biden it would have been about the street value of the furniture extra cost. I expect it to cost me three to five times what the furniture would sell for in extra gas used.

One piece a dresser my wife had as kid that her recently deceased father purchased used 50 years ago so likely much better quality than the average new one today, the other a small hutch that either her grandpa or great grandpa built, so I have no quarrels against it, just upset in Joe and co. Sure the war between Russia and Ukraine huge factor, but this administration is making it exponentially worse.

Ironically, I have averaged 5000 miles traveled per year for the past several years but will suddenly be putting 5000 on in a month when gas prices highest in history. I anticipate $2500 for gas on the trip. Fortunately, I find my Sequoia much more comfortable to ride in. I have a factory AM/FM radio with 6 disc CD player as well as a cassette deck in it to keep us entertained. I tested cassette deck for about ten seconds with a kids cassette when I bought Sequoia used 17 years ago. I forget if it was with Barney the purple dinosaur or the Wiggles. Not many can say that (nor would want to). I generally get laugh out of people when I tell them that.

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
Like those Jeep Renegade! They look pretty sharp. Figured more than 25MPG on the highway. About the size of vehicle I could use now.

Latest posts