G. Gordon Liddy - Gone at 90

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hpman66

Hunter
https://www.google.com/search?q=g+gordon+liddy&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Snake45

Hawkeye
Sorry to hear this. I used to listen to him on the radio every day, and got to call in to him two or three times. Also got to shake his hand at a gun rights rally on the national mall during the Clinton years. They don't make 'em like G. Gordon anymore. RIP and hand salute, sir! Thank you for your service!

contender

Ruger Guru
Dern,, first Rush,, now G. Gordon. Two good ones gone.

While the local media mentioned this,, they ONLY mentioned the Watergate issue. What happened at Watergate is NOTHING compared to what the Dems have done in recent years.

But let's not make this tribute post about that.

G. Gordon was a strong supporter of gun rights, and as such, I truly admired him. May he RIP.

I also listen to him on the radio and had great respect for the man (I know that surprises some here)... he was one more intelligent person... I did not always agree with him but like William F Buckley he could explain and defend his position with out lowering himself.

I remember once a call trying to defend Hitler and Liddy just about tore the guy a new one... but in with this he explained that the German Army at that time was the best military on the planet....

ptypegreen

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
blume357 said:
...the German Army at that time was the best military on the planet....
Apparently not! :lol:

I heard a broadcast or 2 of Liddy's where he discussed this. He was generally stating it was the best man for man or unit by unit. No matter how good they were they never had the natural resources the Allies had, and they could never overcome the biggest hinderence, the meddling and interference by Hitler. Also, even though many units had superior exchange ratios, if you have a 15 to 1 exchange ratio, you're going to lose if there are 16 Russians.
Early in the war the British were working on plans to assassinate Hitler. By 1943 they had decided that were the opportunity to arise they would pass, Hitler was doing more damage with his meddling than any advantage taking him out would produce.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Liddy wan't right about everything. He insisted that the German tanks were superior because they ran on diesel, but I did some research and found out that most were powered by Mayback gasoline engines. Yes, their tanks were superior in many ways, but not because they were diesels.

Latest posts