FYI Nice OM Single Six seen at local shop for sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Went to visit my favorite gun dealer this morning. They have a nice, I'd guess 85% or better unconverted OM Single Six with both cylinders and the felt spare cylinder bag all for $295. This is NOT a flatgate and I don't know it's age. Cheek Brothers Trading Post deals in nice guns and accessories and is located in a rural Allen County area outside Bowling Green, KY. Their phone number is 270-622-9600. Hours are 9 to 6 Central Monday thru Saturday. Hope this is of interest to someone. Don

chet15

Hawkeye
Don't happen to know what the serial number was on it? Makes a big difference in Ruger collecting, as it may not be just like any other OM Single Six. Barrel lengths are important, with 4-5/8" and 9-1/2" being the most desireable (and usually bringing the most premiums).
But then of course you could have also had a 244xxx range gun in front of you, in which case could be worth a "grand" or better.
But if you're in the Bowling Green area, would be hard to believe "Radical Rod" hasn't already seen it!
Chet15

Possibly a Super Single Six made in the last couple of years of OM production, 1970 - 1972.
Without the full package of box and paperwork, the $295 may be a bit high for my area, especially for an 85% gun.
Worth it if you wanted a good OM shooter and had the spare change, and there is only honest wear and no rust or pitting anywhere, and the extra cyl matches the gun. JMHO of course.