Full Flap holster for P97? ... or???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

resident

Single-Sixer
I have recently acquired a used P97 and need a FULL flap holster, leather or fabric is OK... I plan to use this as my "car" gun and want it protected while under the seat, but also want a holster that can be worn if I choose to do so. CC not important...in fact... I specifically do NOT want a concealed carry holster. (IF I carry concealed I'll carry it beneath my belt under my jacket/shirt anyway.)

The problem is... I cannot seem to locate a GOOD quality FULL flap holster that will fit this gun. The P97 does not seem to be a popular model for holster makers and ... perhaps if I were certain which other models actually can share the same holster I might be more comfortable ordering on-line.

Anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?

resident

Single-Sixer
Update: I ordered a flap holster from Triple-K industries. ($61) They claim it fits the P89/P85, so looking at those guns... I'm guessing it'll fit the P97 also. We will see when it arrives.

286.jpg

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/409/prd/134/

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
You might want to check out the Bianchi M12/UM84 military holster; it provides excellent coverage and is more weather impervious that leather holsters.

Best, Jon

resident

Single-Sixer
Thanks, I did consider the Bianchi UM84II and decided it had too much "gimmickry" intended for military use for my tastes, plus it does not cover the grip well at all.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I bought a whole box of flap holsters from a police dept in NY that fit medium auto pistols. Sold all but one in a surprisingly short time. Most people around here carry their pistol while working outside(MO is an open carry state) and the flap holster is absolutely the best way to go. Protects the pistol from weather, dings, and pickup seats, too.