FS: Winter reading to take you thru Mud Season

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FS in CA: various used books on Western/US history, WWII, outdoor adventures, hunting and guns, and DIY and natural history.

I take cash, personal checks made out to me, and all money orders. I DON'T take PayPal, credit cards, or online pay services like Applepay. ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO CONUS ZIP CODES. I try to ship the next mail day after I receive payment, but if payment arrives on Friday afternoon, the books won't go out until Monday morning (Seal Beach USPO is closed on weekends).

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF EACH BOOK YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE (I get a little break on shipping costs of multiple book orders, so I kick a little back).

To order, put an "I'll take book #s_____" as a "reply" to this ad on this thread. DON'T try to order by PM or email, and please send questions or comments to me by PM. I always try to answer ASAP.

US/Western History topics

1) SPF "The Little Ice Age: How Climate Made History, 1300-1850" by Brian Fagan.

2) "The Adventures of Captain Bonneville" by Washington Irving. Bonneville was one of the most influential characters in the early history of the American West. Born in France and educated at West Point, he was an Army officer but also an entrepreneur, a fur trader, a would-be author, and very likely a spook. When he couldn't finish his autobiography, Washington Irving, America's first truly famous author and an explorer in his own right, bought the rights to it and produced this much more expansive volume on Bonneville's 1832-35 Western explorations. The result couldn't be any less like "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"! Quality PB 304 pp. new cond. with map. $6

3) SPF"Firearms, Traps, and Tools of the Mountain Men" by Carl. P. Russell.

4) SPF"The Oregon Trail: Ruts, Rogues, and Reminiscences" by Ellen Caney.

5) SPF"Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans" by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger.

6) SPF "Beyond the Hundredth Meridian: John Wesley Powell and the Second Opening of the West" by Wallace Stegner.

7) SPF "Ghost Towns and Mining Camps of the San Juans" by Dave Southworth.

8) SPF "Here Is Our Valley" by Molly Flagg Knudsen.

WWII Histories

9) SPF "The Wild Blue: the Men and Boys Who Flew the B-24s Over Germany" by Stephen E. Ambrose.

10) "Before Their Time" by Robert Kotlowitz.

11) "Onward We Charge: The Heroic Story of Darby's Rangers in WWII" by H. Paul Jeffers.

12) SPF "Trapped in Paradise: Catholic Nuns in the South Pacific, 1940-43" by Sr. Ellen McNerney and Maureen McNerney Habel.

13) SPF "Band of Brothers" by Stephen Ambrose.

Outdoor Adventures

14) SPF "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" by Aron Ralston.

15) SPF "The Finest Hours: the USCG's Most Daring Sea Rescue" by Michael Tougias and Casey Sherman.

16) SPF "Deadliest Sea" by Kalee Thompson.

17) SPF "Airshow: The Drama and Speed of Precision Flying" by Handlenen, Jerram, Moll, Pealing, and Wallick.

Guns and Hunting

18) SPF The three most recent "Rifle" magazines

19) "Whitetail Wisdom" by North American Hunting Club. Collection of 38 articles by NA Hunting Club correspondents on whitetail management and behavior, hunting tactics, handling the rut, focusing on trophy bucks, and many true hunting experiences that illustrate this wisdom in real life situations. HB 160 pp. 8 1/2x11" format new condition illus w/many color photos. $6

20) "Amazing Whitetails" by Mike Biggs. NA Hunting Club's volume on hunting for braggin' size whitetails Full of beautiful color photos of them at every stage of life from spots to duels for the harem. Text explains mature deer behavior. "Antler Alley" illustrates antler types and some HUGE bucks, mainly alive and on the hoof in the woods. HB 192 pp. 8 1/2x11" format near new cond. illus w/color photos. $7

21) SPF "Mule Deer: Western Challenge" by Bob Robb.

22) SPF "Elk Essentials" by Bob Robb.

DIY/Nature topics

23) "Dry It, You'll Like It! A Book About Dehydrating Food, Including Recipes and Plans for Building Your Own Food Dehydrator" by Gen Macmaniman. Well, the title pretty much says it, but you might make some new finds among this old stuff even if you've been dryin' for years. "Apple Peanut Leather"? Dried nettles? Hippie/dippy healthy snacks for your grandkids? Softbound 80 pp. exc. reading shape illus w/many very original drawings, diagrams, b/w photos. A trip down memory lane, at least. $4

24) SPF "The Reader's Digest Guide to North American Wildlife" by eds. of Reader's Digest Books.

25) SPF "Backyard Ballistics" by William Gurstelle.

THANKS for reading my looooonnng posting! DON'T FORGET to take $1 off every book you order after the first one!

Mike Armstrong

29aholic

Single-Sixer
Mike
I will take the following numbers

PM me a total and an address to mail the funds to