FS Elsewhere : Ruger serial #7266 1950 Saltbox gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
The factory has the information to tell a person whether it was shipped Railway Express or not (will be marked RE in the records). But...even then it doesn't matter because at some point Railway Express no longer required handguns to be shipped in pine boxes.
As Radical Rod said, without the box, I.M.O. it is just like any other Type 3 Red Eagle auto.
One must also remember, that any gun sent back for repair (notably the earlier guns that had firing pin breakage) could have been sent back out to the customer after repair in a salt cod box, even though the gun may have never left that way originally.
Chet15

martyj

Blackhawk
Are there any 2 or single digit semi autos out there that people have in their collection.
I couldn't get to much out of Ruger about mine since I wasn't the original owner. I did get a paper with the shipment date on it and was very happy about that.

Upon review of this thread, I have to ask a certain participant if he can SEE a football-sized rock at 200 yards . . . without a 'scope (he knows why).

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Ale-8(1)":2ux7o1rm said:
Upon review of this thread, I have to ask a certain participant if he can SEE a football-sized rock at 200 yards . . . without a 'scope (he knows why).

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fill us in I know I can't :D :D

Latest posts