Frontiers Gone?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
I just noticed this morning that all of the M77 Frontiers are listed as "discontinued" and there doesn't seem to be a replacement in the Hawkeye line-up. Any official word on this concept being dead & gone?

We had two Frontiers out on the lease yesterday, my target grey 358 with a scout scope and my boys' blued 7mm-08 with a conventionally mounted 2-7x Leupold. I really like the concept and that 7mm-08 has made a fantastic youth rifle...it lets me use a forward-mounted scope to get them shooting with both eyes open, and the overall size is right even for my 5 year old (shooting off sticks).

As much as I like it, I wouldn't be too surprised if it was a relatively slow seller for Ruger.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I recently got one of the target gray MKII rifles for $400+tax. Dealer had 3 nib at the time. Spose the scout scope concept didn't hold water for many folks. I ended up trading the rings out with Ruger to mount a scope on the receiver. Like it now, although the scope I have on it looks out of proportion on such a small rifle.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
I mounted a scope the conventional method also, on the receiver. Bought a Leupold VX III 1.5-5. Custom finish to match the gun. Looks great and shoots great.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Certainly not gonna keep slow movers in the production line when other more popular models would take a back seat during that time. I believe Chet has it right.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Trey Whitley":1g6txujr said:
Rocdoc":1g6txujr said:
I recently got one of the target gray MKII rifles for $400+tax. Dealer had 3 nib at the time.
Damn...at that price, I'd buy another one.

I for sure considered buying more than one but didn't. Nice gun, I really like it . This dealer in Plano had some insane low deals this past summer, gotta keep an eye on them in the future...