From what I've been reading..........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Flash

Buckeye
I'm getting the impression that Ruger is about to introduce a limited production handgun, sometime late this year. A caliber not offered before would be good but I was wondering if anyone thought about the path Ruger has taken lately in their single action offerings. The flat tops got me thinking about this and I supose if Ruger wanted to appeal to their collectors of early guns, what would they offer next? The single six was offered with the profile of the old model. The Flat top was offered. I believe one of the forum members, who is obviously a "Dyed in the Wool" Ruger collector, said he'd definately buy one of these. Well, this got me thinking about what would a long time Ruger collector buy that was present day production but yet so appealing? The Standard? Naaaa. :idea: THE HAWKEYE!! Damn, who would get on the phone with their dealer/distributor for one of these?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Well, here's a though...... all the "cool" stuff that's been recently produced has been based on very popular models from the past.

The Hawkeye was a flop, eh? Around 3200 made. The poor selling Lightweights were produced in a quantity that was almost 4 times that of the RH-28.

So, IMHO, if they continue down memory lane they'll stick to "happy memories".

:D

flatgate

PS If they do indeed make a New Model Hawkeye then I'll be wanting one, for sure!

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't think we'd see a new Hawkeye pistol this year as the 50th anniversary of it isn't until 2013.
That said,, who knows what they will offer us,,,,??? Those in the know aren't talking,, (And rightfully so,, it's supposed to be secret until they can publically release it.)

Flash

Buckeye
flatgate":1vzdjuer said:
If they do indeed make a New Model Hawkeye then I'll be wanting one, for sure!

You and perhaps several thousand other buyers which would justify the run. There are probably a few other Rugers that wouldn't have sold well, back in the day of the Hawkeye but they do fine today. I thought about the Lightweights but the Single Six card, in my opinion has already been played several times by Ruger. Something new and bright in the handgun line, to an old collector would have to be the Hawkeye. Maybe the refinements would be a little left of center like ribbed barrel and rings and perhaps, stainless steel. A Hawkeye Hunter in 7.62x39 would get my wallet out.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Maybe a serious organized group could pursuade a special run of something they surely still have the molds for (Hawkeye). Just sayin'...

chet15

Hawkeye
They could have taken those 5,000 or so maximum frames they scrapped in the mid to late '80's and turned them into a Hawkeye for even longer cartridges than the standard Hawkeye frame would handle.

I think a Hawkeye would be the ticket and have mentioned that to the company several times
HISTORY and NOSTALGIA DOES SELL GUNS, and any other product you can think of.
Have flipped a couple other ideas at Ruger also including one that would absolutely blow everybody's mind! Will see if they do it.
Chet15

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
chet15":ymyarecq said:
They could have taken those 5,000 or so maximum frames they scrapped in the mid to late '80's and turned them into a Hawkeye for even longer cartridges than the standard Hawkeye frame would handle

...or they could have just built the Maximums with them. Include a little warning about using light bullets if there is a need to cover their butts. I'd guess that would make for a pretty happy bunch of fans. Me included. Maybe a "special" run of them with some killer wood for the grip panels. Lol...now I'm really dreaming...of course they would be wearing the new plastic grips! :roll:

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Flash":k7qz2ltp said:
45flattop":k7qz2ltp said:
I could really go for a NM Hawkeye only in .219Bee this time instead. :D
You mean 218 ? Or Wasp?

218 Bee, not the Wasp which I assume is a hopped up variant on the
Bee which I definitely prefer to the 22 Hornet for the greater longevity
of its cases if for no other reason.

OOPS, sorry, I read my original post and saw that I said "219"
instead of 218, i see where you must have been confused if I
meant the 219 Donaldson Wasp or the 218Bee, my bad!! :D

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Flash wrote;- I thought about the Lightweights but the Single Six card, in my opinion has already been played several times by Ruger.

IMHO I think a NM Lt. Wt. Single Six would sell!! Years ago Chet15 tried to get them to produce them but they fell by the wayside. That was a shame :(
Terry

stevek44

Bearcat
The main problem I have with Ruger and new models is finding one. So many times they seem to come out with a very desirable gun, and then take forever to get it out to the public. Anybody else get frustrated with this, or am I being to picky?

SteveK44... :roll:

Flash

Buckeye
stevek44":356l5bch said:
The main problem I have with Ruger and new models is finding one. So many times they seem to come out with a very desirable gun, and then take forever to get it out to the public. Anybody else get frustrated with this, or am I being to picky?

SteveK44... :roll:
They circulate on the east coast pretty quick.
https://www.jerryssportscenter.com/

Latest posts