From out of the past.........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Nita and I like to take drives into the surrounding area, just for fun. And I keep my camera handy and photograph old buildings from long ago......

Here an old smokehouse on the Tennessee River near Savannah, Tennessee:

Old house near Brownsville, Tennessee:

Tobacco barn, somewhere in Virginia:

Old barn, near Brownsville, Tennessee:

Another one near Brownsville:

Near Covington, Tennessee:

Someone has observed many old barns are ending up as picture frames, or paneling in restaurants.

Bob Wright

caryc

Hawkeye
Great pic Bob. I have a print of a couple Indian Teepees and horses framed in barn wood. My Mom and Dad gave it to me around 25 years ago.

Pierow

Blackhawk
Bob Wright said:
.....Someone has observed many old barns are ending up as picture frames, or paneling in restaurants.

Bob Wright
Nice pictures Bob. You and your gal certainly spend nice times together.

Another interesting note about old barn wood. I saw my sisters violin teacher last year and had a chance to ask him about the wood Antonio Stradivari used to make his violins. I asked if the mini ice age, which ended around 1800 had anything to do with the quality of wood he used. He started rolling his eyes before I even finished the question as he knew where I was going.

He postulated that most likely the wood used came from old structures of Antonio's day, most likely support beams or the like. Many years ago my grandfather thought he had a Stradivarius, it was labeled as such and wanted me to take it to my sisters teacher to get it authenticated and or appraised. It turned out to be a decent violin but of course it was no Stradivarius. He played it beautifully. He then asked me to wait a minute and he came back to the front room with his Stradivarius and played it for me as a comparison. The moment he drew the bow across the strings......I have shivers remembering how the entire home seemed to fill with music. Like there was an amplifier hidden somewhere.

Pierow