Friendly find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wapari

Bearcat
A friend of my just purchased a .357 mag SP 100 stainless revolver. I haven't shot it yet but both he and I like it for several reasons. First, the trigger pull definitly locks in with a nice squeeze. It has enough
beef" behind it to handle the .357 and the price is right. Lastly, compared to the S&W revolvers it has a little less machining but you don't have to pay for the name. Can't beat the warranty either. Can anyone add to the list here from a more experienced perspective?

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
SP-101 can you say LITTLE TANK. I like the 3". The 2" is a little more carry friendly. Factory grips are good, with lots of aftermarket grips out there. Power, dependability, style, what is not to like. :D

...Jimbo

welder

Buckeye
Will stand thousands upon thousands of hot loads with no flame cutting and remain in time for a lifetime. The finish cannot be beat in my opinion, and it is quite easy to clean. I have two currently and have had two others before, never a problem to own or sell any of them. I recently added a 3" Sp in 9mm, man it is sweet. Looking for that 4" .22 now???

wapari

Bearcat
His is the 8 inch barrel and manufactured in 8/09. He has a 6 inch S&W and wanted a longer barrel in .357 without the price. I think it was NIB, $565 out the door here locally. I like it so much that I might sell my Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk and get one for myself. It just seems to be so much more useful.

Cary

Single-Sixer
wapari":2i02d8tv said:
His is the 8 inch barrel and manufactured in 8/09. He has a 6 inch S&W and wanted a longer barrel in .357 without the price. I think it was NIB, $565 out the door here locally. I like it so much that I might sell my Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk and get one for myself. It just seems to be so much more useful.
I'm not sure what Ruger you are talking about. The GP100 or SP101 have never been offered with an 8" barrel. The GP100 is offered with a 6" barrel.
Cary

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Newer GP-100 with the factory Hogue rubber grips. Full underlug.
The barrel is 6" measured from the front of the cylinder to the muzzle.

GP6.jpg

...Jimbo

Cary

Single-Sixer
wapari":2e6asnqy said:
My mistake. He had a 4 inch and wanted a 6 inch in .357, so I hope that clears up the confusion. Thanks for your interest.
Those are great guns. I have the GP100 with the 6" barrel. It can make shooting full house 357 mag loads a pleasure. No concerns about wearing one them out either. :)
Cary