Freshpet Dog Food Recall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I will never understand the recalling of dog food because it might have salmonella or such in it.
every dog I've ever owned could eat things a lot worse than some food with a little bit of this in it.

ronto

Single-Sixer
I will never understand the recalling of dog food because it might have salmonella or such in it.
every dog I've ever owned could eat things a lot worse than some food with a little bit of this in it.
Salmonella can kill a dog with a weak immune system or an old dog. Like COVID-19 can kill a human with a weak immune system or a senior citizen.

I can never forget when we first got Blizzard. He must have been three or just barely 4 months old. We were walking down the street. There was a dead bird, nice and plump in the street for a few days. I always tried walking around the bird with Blizzard. But one time I forgot. He made a bee line right for the bird and got it in his mouth.

I'm glad he was small enough, otherwise he would have chocked on it. But He wouldn't drop the darn thing. I had my daughter with us, and this long leash. I'm trying to get close to the dog, and he keeps turning in circles away from me, not wanting to drop this stinking rotting bird from his mouth.

I finally got close, and tried to grab the bird. Pulled and the birds feet yanked off. Dead bird still in dog's mouth. Cars driving by, it was a disaster.

It took a while before I would let him kiss me or my daughter.

I can never forget when we first got Blizzard. He must have been three or just barely 4 months old. We were walking down the street. There was a dead bird, nice and plump in the street for a few days. I always tried walking around the bird with Blizzard. But one time I forgot. He made a bee line right for the bird and got it in his mouth.

I'm glad he was small enough, otherwise he would have chocked on it. But He wouldn't drop the darn thing. I had my daughter with us, and this long leash. I'm trying to get close to the dog, and he keeps turning in circles away from me, not wanting to drop this stinking rotting bird from his mouth.

I finally got close, and tried to grab the bird. Pulled and the birds feet yanked off. Dead bird still in dog's mouth. Cars driving by, it was a disaster.

Kevin,
Dogs don't kiss they LICK usually right after they have licked their Arsh or balls. :)
I have had dogs since I was 5 none kissed me. Yea they did lick but not my face

RoundinCircles

Bearcat

That reminds me of when my dog found a flat, run over squirrel. It might as well have been squirrel jerky. He grabbed it and I couldn't get it out of his mouth. Eventually after chewing it for about three minutes, he decided it wasn't worth it and dropped it.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
My dog(s), always brought in their own grub from time to time... I'm down to just my girl dog Kaksi now, but even at 11 she still goes out and hunts. She has brought in fresh kills and God knows what....
This last fall we had a late run of (very red) silvers come into the creek. I caught 3, and she caught 5.... she dug them up and chewed on them this spring... She brought in a small otter.... and what looked like a small marten.. a snowshoe, and more. By the time she eventually gets to eating them, they are all pretty slimy.... It seems the slimier the better!...

I have a different perspective on 'dog kisses'. Since for the last 40 years my working life has been going into different homes every day and more often than not people will have a dog. What I discovered a long time ago is the easiest way to make a dog your friend is to sit down on the hearth in front of the fireplace, which is what I have to do first thing, and then let the dog lick you in the face.

My current 'employee'. Beauregard ... when we first got him about two weeks here one evening he got out and took off up the street and I spent the next 20 minutes looking for him... I was up about a block from our house when something dark streaked by me headed back toward our house.. I realized it must be 'Bo'. when I got back my wife was sitting on the front porch with the dog sitting beside her just as happy as a dog can be... and laying at her feet was a couple days old dead possum. Dog was so proud to be able to bring it to her.

Latest posts