Fresh panels for 1980 blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
Just finished these panels for my restored 1980 blackhawk 357, the wood is Jatoba, aka, Brazilian cherry, gun was pretty rough when I bought it, I polished and sent out for reblue, I fitted a RWGF brass xr3-red grip frame , blued super blackhawk hammer and trigger, belt mountain base pin, checkered ejector rod, and made the panels to fit, thanks for looking.
20220415_104941.jpg

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
Thank you much, for the compliments guys, I do offer grip panel making service, and have many woods to choose from.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Just finished these panels for my restored 1980 blackhawk 357, the wood is Jatoba, aka, Brazilian cherry, gun was pretty rough when I bought it, I polished and sent out for reblue, I fitted a RWGF brass xr3-red grip frame , blued super blackhawk hammer and trigger, belt mountain base pin, checkered ejector rod, and made the panels to fit, thanks for looking.
View attachment 1374
Your .357 Ruger Blackhawk looks terrific! I also own a .357 Ruger Blackhawk, only I bought mine in 1965. Mine is a 3-Screw gun (note the 3 screws above the trigger), and I can tell from your pic that yours is not. So, yours has came with the transfer bar, and I had to get mine updated by Ruger to get that installed to make it safe to carry a live round in the chamber. Prior to that mod, it could go off if dropped or the hammer was bumped, and that is why all the Western cowboys back in the day left the active chamber empty.

I posted a couple of pics of my gun here on this site, but I am not sure how you can find them on a different thread, so here it is again. One of the pics I posted before is with the gun in its holster, which is a werstern stype holster with 25 rounds on the belt. I use to quick draw with it, so the left inside barrel tip (not shown) has worn off the blued coating. I am right handed.

Attachments

• Ruger357-01.JPG
    Ruger357-01.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts