French proofmark on Colorado single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi would there be any premium in value on a Colorado US bicentenial single six with a french proof mark I know there does not seem to be a big interest in the regular guns but thought it might be neat to have in my collection

GRAMPS

yes, my wife used to have few otehr Single Sixes, that had variuous 'proof marks' from overs ea, never got to take pictures of them, way before we ever thought about a digital camera.......most of them she sold ,went out west, slight premium on them,but she doesn't recall "how much", she got rid of ALL of her "Newer"?? ( later than the late 50's guns.....) oh well, she still has a few Bearcats ,into the 60's......thats "newer".... :roll:

HI thanks for the replys they are asking $640 somthing so I think I will pass on it or let him sit on it for a few months and make him an offer it is a neat gun but it is not calling to me

GRAMPSl

chet15

Hawkeye
Foreign proof marked Rugers are interesting, but I.M.O, those marks occur after they leave the factory...kind of like (worst case scenario) somebody pounding nails into wood with the butt of an SA, though the proofs look much nicer. :lol:
Yes, we've got a British proofed Bearcat in our collection of Bearcats. But to me, is an interesting addition only...and in all reality, probably shouldn't add that much extra value to a gun. I wonder if all the Rugers in England or Germany are proof marked? That would make them pretty common there.
I believe all the French proof marked Colorado Centennials that are here in the states were probably sold through the RCA many moons ago.
Chet15