France: Man fired for not being 'fun' at work after refusing to embrace on-the-job 'excessive alcoholism' and 'promiscuity'

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Just before I retired the company I worked for was bought. The company that bought us was populated with people who had no scruples. Their way of doing business is despicable. I lasted five months and hated every day of it.

Initially they had a dinner for employees and spouses I was given grief for not attending. Mind you the first words out of the company’s mouth were lies. I didn’t need to hear more on my time.

Later we had to go to Dallas for training, read indoctrination. I was given grief for booking my travel from a different airport closer to home than the others. As it turned out I arrived as planned. The others were weather delayed and ended up going by bus to the same airport I used and arriving very late.

Now mind you, the training started on Saturday, being salaried I received no additional compensation for loosing my weekend. Throughout this training they have wanted us eat every meal with company representatives. In short spend every waking moment with the same dishonest people.

I guess what I’m getting at is perhaps this guy just didn’t like the people he worked with. I can fully understand that.

NC FNS

Bearcat
I know some that got canceled from good paying (with pension) swamp jobs for things like sobriety and monogamy.

vito

Hunter
Early in my military career as an Army officer I was assigned to a unit where the Executive Officer, my boss, clearly hated going home to his family at night, and wanted the officers reporting to him to join him nightly at the officer's club for hours of boozing. Most of my contemporaries were single guys and more than glad to enjoy the free booze (the boss paid for the drinks). I usually would stay for a drink, or two at the most, and then leave to join my wife for dinner and the evening. Without a doubt this had a negative impact upon my performance evaluation. Fortunately for me the unit's commander, who also had a role in my evaluation, thought highly of me and my performance on the job, and that tempered the XO's trying to punish me for not willingly joining in to his lifestyle. Excessive alcoholism seems to be not uncommon in many organizations including parts of the military.

Ride1949

Buckeye
Ease up on the alcohol consumption. Concentrate on the promiscuity. Eat more oysters. 😜

Latest posts