Frame Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cracker-American

Blackhawk
Will the frame off of a SS, .44 mag, NM SBH fit on a NM .45 Blackhawk?

The SS SBH is a 10.5 inch model that I do not shoot. I would love to get a new barrel or have the one I have cut back to 4&5/8". If ya'll know of anyone in the North Florida area that does this could you PM me the information?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Are you inquiring about swapping grip frames? Depending on year of production the swap can be a piece of cake or a can of worms. :D

Without going into a long discussion over the nuances I'll simply say "give it a try".

One observation; if your 10-1/2 inch Super has the "tapered" barrel with a ramp style front sight with a pinned in sight blade then that's a pretty rare gun to be chopping off part of the barrel. If it's the "bull barrel" version with a screw attached front sight then whack away!

JMHO,

flatgate

Cracker-American

Blackhawk
They are in my safe and I am at work so I am working from memory. I am pretty sure my 10.5 is the bull barrel version. It does not have a ramp front sight but has the one that I call "hooked". Very holster un-friendly.

I thought I would try the switch then if it worked go on the search for another frame. When I shoot heavy, 1000 fps, loads in my .45 Colt I bark the knuckles and fingers of my right hand. Shooting heavy loads in my SBH, 23.5 H-110 and 240 Rem JHP, I do not get the damage to my hand.