Frame id

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I'm not sure were to put this so lets try here. I have a frama that I found but I can't id who made it. It is steel in the white has not been fitted to a gun before. The only marks are on the left side of the frame say XR-3. I don't think it is ruger the markings are alot smaller then any of the others I have seen. Any help would be appreciated. Steve
frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
No mystery. Carbon steel Ruger item.

See the Circle with the "A" within? That means steel Alloy.
A "K" within the Circle designates Stainless steel.

Now, a lack of a hole for the trigger spring pivot and the trigger spring stud means Old Model style, i.e. Old Army.

The trigger plunger and spring assembly hole behind the trigger guard confirms Old Army.

The XR-3 nomenclature is a real zinger dreamt up at Ruger. It's NOT the classic XR-3 that basically emulates the Colt SAA. It's ACTUALLY a XR3-RED but, for some reason that I've never been able to figure out, Ruger marks steel and stainless steel XR3-RED grip frames as XR-3.......

Wanna sell it? I don't have one of those in my parts box.

flatgate

flatgate":1d06xkin said:
No mystery. Carbon steel Ruger item.

See the Circle with the "A" within? That means steel Alloy.
A "K" within the Circle designates Stainless steel.

Now, a lack of a hole for the trigger spring pivot and the trigger spring stud means Old Model style, i.e. Old Army.

The trigger plunger and spring assembly hole behind the trigger guard confirms Old Army.

The XR-3 nomenclature is a real zinger dreamt up at Ruger. It's NOT the classic XR-3 that basically emulates the Colt SAA. It's ACTUALLY a XR3-RED but, for some reason that I've never been able to figure out, Ruger marks steel and stainless steel XR3-RED grip frames as XR-3.......

Wanna sell it? I don't have one of those in my parts box.

flatgate

Carl,
I still have several of the ones I got from Joe Bowman's Widow.
Have sold 4-5 on the forum.
PM me if you want one.
Jim

Latest posts