Fourth of July at the range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NightSailor

Bearcat
I was invited to a very nice range here in Connecticut on 134 acres. It was quite a drive, 90 minutes, but a heck of a nice time. I met some really nice people. They had an archery range, fishing pond--stocked I'm told, pistol, rifle, and skeet and trap, and were expanding the rifle range. I have to say, I felt at home, from the very first moment there. It was like I'd been going there for years.

I shot both of my New Vaquero's and several other guns. The Ruger's seem to shoot to the same point of aim. Tried some black powder loads in one fellows Old Vaquero. It produced more smoke than expected.

One things I saw was very interesting, a cut down 10 gauge used for cowboy action shooting. I don't think you can miss with that.

This continues a long tradition of shooting on the fourth of July. Typically I shoot an 1858 Remington in the back yard. So the black powder tradition carries on one more year, more by luck than planning.

I hope every one had a great 4th of July.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the 4th. Hope you get to use that range again, you can do just about every shooting sport there is.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I was invited to a very nice range here in Connecticut on 134 acres. It was quite a drive, 90 minutes, but a heck of a nice time. I met some really nice people. They had an archery range, fishing pond--stocked I'm told, pistol, rifle, and skeet and trap, and were expanding the rifle range. I have to say, I felt at home, from the very first moment there. It was like I'd been going there for years.

I shot both of my New Vaquero's and several other guns. The Ruger's seem to shoot to the same point of aim. Tried some black powder loads in one fellows Old Vaquero. It produced more smoke than expected.

One things I saw was very interesting, a cut down 10 gauge used for cowboy action shooting. I don't think you can miss with that.

This continues a long tradition of shooting on the fourth of July. Typically I shoot an 1858 Remington in the back yard. So the black powder tradition carries on one more year, more by luck than planning.

I hope every one had a great 4th of July.
I am curious since I live in Conn. for several years, Where was the range located?

I shot in an indoor range of the Fourth. It was senior Monday, so range time was free. Loved it. Nice and cool, and outshot my buddy. In the words of Arnold, I'll be back. 👍🏻

rule308

Bearcat
I'd love to shoot out in the open on private land. About impossible here in NJ.