Found: RDA-86 Low Back. Rare?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Nh Rugerman said:
I hope to meet you in person at the next Auction

I might go to the next one, depends on what they have. I boycotted this past one (with the exception of bidding on the RDA86) because they stiffed me the 12 bucks on the refund.

Plus they've grown to the point where they know a little about Rugers and have enough of a following that there are seldom any real good deals there anymore. They now know enough to recognize scarce Rugers and talk them up. But they don't yet understand all the nuances that make or break a package. Like the box on this RDA86 not actually being the original. Or the re-blued white box S47 that sold for $3K+vig a few sales back - you had to preview that one to find the SN digits stamped into the end of the cylinder.

weaselmeatgravy said:
Nh Rugerman said:
I hope to meet you in person at the next Auction

I might go to the next one, depends on what they have. I boycotted this past one (with the exception of bidding on the RDA86) because they stiffed me the 12 bucks on the refund.

Plus they've grown to the point where they know a little about Rugers and have enough of a following that there are seldom any real good deals there anymore. They now know enough to recognize scarce Rugers and talk them up. But they don't yet understand all the nuances that make or break a package. Like the box on this RDA86 not actually being the original. Or the re-blued white box S47 that sold for $3K+vig a few sales back - you had to preview that one to find the SN digits stamped into the end of the cylinder.

You are correct about the auction...the bargains are gone forever I am afraid....they now know enough to be dangerous to use the old stereotype :roll: ....I missed the last couple of auctions due to schedule conflicts...I have heard that there may be a few interesting items at the next auction but until they are listed...we won't know for sure.

thanks for all the knowledge you share on the RF....it helps to spread the knowledge for many of us who lack it and want to know more.

Regards;