Found Mark II, Mark III or 22/45 Mark III Lower Frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have found what I need, thanks all.

Bought a 22/45 Mark III Target Model complete upper (blue) at the Huntsville, AL show this weekend. Now need the lower frame. Would like it to be a complete frame (I don't want to order all the parts and put it together but I will if need be) . If a Mark II or III it can be blued or stainless this is going to be a shooter. send me a message with what you might have and pricing.

Last edited:
I did a similar purchase some months ago. I finally purchased a Volquartsen one from wirthweinguns.com as I did not come across them anywhere else. I prefer the 22/45 style. Mine now has none of the Mark III features.

Jerry

Papalote

Single-Sixer
I just put together a black mamba and found it is cheaper to buy a basic mk iv than to try and find a grip frame. I ended up getting a Tandemkfross Kraken frame.

As you have discovered, there are more uppers out there than lowers. There's one that's been setting in the case at a LGS in my area for over a year and they are only asking $85. I watch GunBroker and SOMETIMES find a "parts kit" with everything but the upper for a significant amount less that the cost of a complete pistol, but not often. Best price will normally be on a first generation 22/45 or an old RST.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
About a month ago I picked up a stripped blued Mark 2 lower off the Numrich Arms website. I paid $141.00 plus tax and shipping and was glad to get it for that price. At the same time there was 2 on eBay for a lot more money and sold very quickly. This is why I buy extra parts whenever I can. Someday there won't be any extra parts.

INLINECHEVY6.

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I've been looking for a long time as well....no luck...I just might have to buy a complete used MKII and put my Blue Lightweight upper on that....

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
Thanks.... I'll check it out.... my LGS has a complete MK II for $265....may go that route if the GB prices go up near that