Found, Lost A RST-6 200th Year & Found Another .........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ddd482

Single-Sixer
lovemydals":3lqpbkf7 said:
And the rest of the story;

While getting ready for a gun show the first of this month, I discovered a copy of the paperwork from the police agency that confiscated this RTS6, along with contact info of the officer that took custody of it, in the gun rug that I used to store this RST6 in while it was at the transfer dealer (they returned it to me when the pistol was confiscated). After contacting him, I was told that indeed the s/n included the 13- prefix & that it had been stolen back in 1995. We made arrangements to ship the box to him & he will make sure it is returned to the victim. Just in passing, I explained to the officer why I purchased it (200th Year gun & if not in CA, I can't import it due to not being older than 50 years). The officer mentioned that the victim was an elderly gentleman & that maybe he would sell it to me since his kids have no interest in his firearms. I placed one of my cards in the box. Who knows, this may turn out in my favor after all. Keeping my fingers crossed! Stay tuned........

lmd
that would really be something!