Found an old P90

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buster cat

Bearcat
About a month ago I ran across an old P90 in a small gun shop. The old girl had been rode hard and put up wet. The asking price was $299 plus tax and tfr.
No indication as how long it had been in the shop. I ask the owner if he would be interested in a trade, said he sure would as he had taken the P90 in trade on another gun.
I am thinking I will let the gun set for another couple of months and if the gun is still there make an offer of $200 or so. Don't have any thing to trade on so it would be a cash sale. Think I will be safe doing this as P series Rugers aren't that popular in my part of the country. Every thing now is plastic compact and stricker fired read Glock.
Am I in the ball park on this, any thoughts or comments?

Buster Cat......

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Offer him that $200 now and see what he counters with.Can't hurt and you may get that gun sooner than you think.

buster cat

Bearcat
Update, I had my son stop by the shop yesterday. He told the guy he was looking for pre lock Smith wheel guns, this is true we are always looking for those. He showed a passing interest in the P90. The owner offered to sell for $299.00 but this price now includes the tax and tfr. fee. This would be about $40 to $50 below the price he offered the gun to me for as he wanted the $299.00 plus tax and tfr. fee.

I am still going to let the gun set for another month or so. I think my top offer will be $250.00 out the door. He may have sold the gun by then, do not think he will but if he has so be it. We have several other guns spotted and may haps one or two of those will work out. Can't win them all. It's just a game you play.

Buster Cat................

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Just picked up a P90DC for $300 otd. Seen more than one at the gun show for 350. To 400 so price might be pretty good. They are getting harder to find.

waterwolf42

Bearcat
I am picking up one tomorrow almost nib graded fine it is the stainless steel one with the aluminum alloy frame. It comes with two 7round factory mags the lockable box with padlock and keys and the operators manual. It looks to be in really good shape with a 30 day warranty and a 365.00 price tag. I am really looking forward to it and it will be my 5th or 6th Ruger.

Striker

Bearcat
Don't wait to long or you will be doing the "Ole Crap" dance :shock:

waterwolf42

Bearcat
Well I picked it up today and it is really great shape, glad that I did now all I have to do it make it out to the range which hopefully will be this Sunday.

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
waterwolf42 said:
Well I picked it up today and it is really great shape, glad that I did now all I have to do it make it out to the range which hopefully will be this Sunday.

Way to go. I seriously doubt if you will regret the purchase. I bought mine new when they first came out and it has never failed to go bang and it hits what I'm aiming at. I have somewhere in the 8,000 round (maybe more) neighborhood through it now.

Jeff