Found a 2.75 GP 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triaxle

Bearcat
I was hitting a few shops and found a Gp100 with fact ruger rubber grips with finger groves 2.75 stainless 357 fixed sights 469 should have I got it . Also found a ued super single six 6.5 never converted clean but used no box or 22 mag cyl 349.00 it was a clean one . Whats up with the short GP and shoul I have bought the two ????????

Terry T

Buckeye
If the GP100 was fixed sight, stainless steel, it is a current production model. I think it was a good price.
Terry T

triaxle

Bearcat
I didnt get it out for a look but it kind of looked like a speed six had the older rubber grips with the little emblems

Terry T

Buckeye
GP100 grips don't have 'little emblems' - the current GP all rubber grips do have the emblems stamped in the rubber.

The Speed Six factory rubber grips have a silver 'emblem' on them. A speed six with factory rubber grips is a very good find - price is a bit on the 'proud' side for a speed six but they don't show up too often.
Terry T

triaxle

Bearcat
I will call them Monday about the grips but I think they had the little silver ruger emblem on themwith the finger grove es .I should have got it out for a look the shop

Terry T

Buckeye
Sounds more like a speed six.
Be sure the barrel is really 2 3/4" and not 3".
The 3" speed six with Ruger rubber grips is the rare Postal service model.
Terry T

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
Terry T":193yhn7w said:
Sounds more like a speed six.
Be sure the barrel is really 2 3/4" and not 3".
The 3" speed six with Ruger rubber grips is the rare Postal service model.
Terry T

Or, it could be an overrun of the USPS 3" Speed-Six, like this one:
P1020157.jpg

P1020162.jpg

captainkirk

Blackhawk
rugerrat":194mw7oc said:

Love that first photo! I'd hate to get an unsightly "condensation ring" on the box, so I'm glad to see you used a coaster... :D

captainkirk

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
captainkirk":3ervtkvi said:
rugerrat":3ervtkvi said:

Love that first photo! I'd hate to get an unsightly "condensation ring" on the box, so I'm glad to see you used a coaster... :D

captainkirk

Thanks, captainkirk! "Beam me up Scotty"!

lovemydals

Buckeye
Terry T,

Stopped by River City Guns on Saturday. Asked if they had any Speed Sixes in the back & indeed they did. Counter person went to get them & came right back empty handed. He said that they had a pair of them, but they were for LE sales only & he wouldn't bring them out, as he didn't want to tease me. Even though I told him I would be OK if he showed them to me, he wouldn't. Heck, I couldn't get him to tell me anything about them. Oh well! I will stop by this Saturday & talk to the owner. If I learn anything, I will pass it along. Any out of state (CA) Ruger Forum members interested?

lmd