Forgive me for succumbing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jbenedetto2

Bearcat
My first Glock was a G19. Nice gun. I like shooting 22's so I picked up a G44. Nice shooting gun. Fun & 22's are cheap. First time at the range with the 19 I decided to play. Lower part if target was rapid fire. Top was s-l-o-w fire. Not too bad for an old guy with a new gun.

Attachments

• 20210821_101350.jpg
    20210821_101350.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8

Ethang

Blackhawk
Glocks are hideous, blocky, feel funny in your hand, and point unnaturally high. That said, they work and I have not problem trusting my life to them. Even though I am not a fan of the modern striker fired plastic pistol, they are the future. Also, as I get older and my eyesight gets worse...that RDS becomes more and more worthwhile. Literally a game changer once you get used to them.

vito

Hunter
I never thought much about Glocks but several years ago I watched a Hickock45 video in which he said that the only make of gun that he would trust to save his life, brand new and right out of the box, was a Glock. Shortly afterward I bought my first Glock, a 17, which now is my primary home defense weapon. Sitting in my bedside table with 2 extra mags gives me a 52 round capacity, and if that’s not enough, we’ll, then, that’s it. I have never had a single, even minor malfunction regardless of what ammo I put into it.

But the thickness of the double stack pistol makes it less than ideal as a concealed carry. For that, my LC9s is still with me almost every day.

t Glock, a 17, which now is my primary home defense weapon. Sitting in my bedside table with 2 extra mags gives me a 52 round capacity, and if that’s not enough, we’ll, then, that’s it. I have never had a single, even minor malfunction regardless of what ammo I put into it.
I've mentioned before that my wife has sorta claimed my 19 as hers, it's hidden on her side of the bed with a full 33 round magazine. She
likes shooting it with the extended magazine. Seems the extra weight hanging down when it's full reduces the muzzle jump a bit rapid firing.
Practice with it with Winchester 124 grain NATO and fire enough of the defensive ammo to be sure they feed. Have three of the long mags
and never had an issue with them.

I have not joined the dark side. My son had the .40 Glock family, a friend had the g19. I shot them all. The ergonomics of the Glock and I just don’t fit. As LEO, I started with a GP 100 .357, then a S&W 439, then a S&W 4506. All these shot well and ergonomically were pleasing to me.
gramps

moparclan

Bearcat
Never was a Glock person, liked Ruger's, Smith & Wesson or Colt even Lugers and P-38's.
Friend calls one day and said someone he knew had a Model 23 for sale with 400 round of factory ammo. Got it for $400, this model is convertible from .40 cal. to 9mm and 357 Sig. Have barrels and magazines for each caliber.

hittman

Staff member
I want a 19 to go with my Gen 3 30. There are so many variations of the 19 I don't know which one I want though.
My favorite is the 19X.
In the $600 range …. 4 different back straps, night sights, 3 magazines, hard case, ambi mag and slide release, lock, etc.

I put on mine the smallest back strap with beaver tail. Did the same with the Gen 5 G17. Some like it, some don’t. Works for me.

Good luck …. Hard to make a wrong decision on this one.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
In the dark days of the Clinton bans, I came across a police trade-in first gen Model 22 with two high-cap mags for a smoking deal. Picked it up for a truck gun. IMHO it is perfect in that role. Won't corrode if I forget to oil it for- ahem- a while 🙄, reliable, and packs a punch. That being said, it doesn't fit my hand for doodly, points wayyyy high, it's not nearly as nice to shoot or accurate as my old Ruger P91DC, and it's not a good choice for cast bullet shooting. But I trust my life to it, so no way I can condemn anyone else for buying one...no mea culpas required.

the_leper_colony

Single-Sixer
... it doesn't fit my hand for doodly, points wayyyy high, it's not nearly as nice to shoot or accurate as my old Ruger P91DC, and it's not a good choice for cast bullet shooting...

(We current & former P91 owners are "the few, the proud, and... the few!!" Ruger didn't make 'em for very long, or in large numbers! ;>)

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
I've had several over the years never really liked any of them and the last one was a model 26 which i gave to my son, any ways last year i purchased a new gen 3 model 19 to go with my ruger 9mm carbine, the only reason i went that way instead of a SR9 was the glock mags cost same or less money , easier to find and hold up to 31 and then last month I seen these

Palmetto State Armory knock offs of the gen 3 model 19 , purchased 2 of them and mounted a Holosun HE507S- GR-x2 on it so far so good ( it's setting on top of the target )
IMG_20220828_152320398_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220828_152320398_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220828_160520155_HDR (2).jpg
IMG_20220828_160520155_HDR (2).jpg

HW11

Single-Sixer
I carried 3 different ones for a living and have shot I don't know how many or how many rounds through one. They are like a goat, they will eat about anything you feed them and be happy.

Latest posts