Forgive me for succumbing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
Congratulations on your purchase.
I remember walking out of the woods with my neighbor (we had been hunting). He suggested we both shoot at a knot on a tree with our pistols. I shot a smaller group with my XD-40 than he did with his Glock 23. Then he let me shoot the 23 & I shot a group about half the size of the one I shot with my XD. I had spent a lot of time & money practicing with that XD & it was too much easier to shoot the Glock better. It ruined the XD for me. I wound up with a M&P 2.0 Compact after I got rid of the XD but that was just because I got a deal on it. I like Glocks just fine though I still don't own one.

sharpblade7777

Single-Sixer
I've owned and shot numerous Glock's. Not my cup of tea. Not because there's anything wrong with them, as there's obviously not. All the center fire Glock's I've shot, operated flawlessly and all have shot as well as any other striker fired pistol. My issue, and it's my issue, is that 2x4 grip. I just cannot make it work for me.

Now, there is an exception... The Glock 48. I know, 10-rounds is minimal capacity for todays shootouts, but the slim grip fits me incredibly well. It carries nice, operates flawlessly, and is a pleasure to shoot.

To the OP... I'm glad you found a pistol that works for you. There is a reason so many folks shoot Glock's as their preferred pistol.:cool:
If you like the 48, you would probably like the 43x as well. The slides are actually interchangeable.
20220920_010030.jpg

Newtire

Bearcat
I have sinned. I bought my very first Glock last week, and I like it 😧. A G34 gen 5 MOS. Put a red dot on it also. Got it sighted in and ran about 50rnds of Blazer 115grn FMJ without a single issue.

rad9F2r.jpg

Last mag target - 17 rnds offhand from10yds. A few flyers - totally my fault.

glock-with-dot-jpg.315772
Kiss it and it might turn in to a Ruger? If you have faith even as a single grain of Pyrodex ye shall be saved.

bowzette

Bearcat
I fell off the wagon five times. One of the best things about Glocks is you can easily totally disassemble them with a punch. I doubt there is any other pistol made with so few parts all of which can easily be replaced.

gunzo

Buckeye
I've made the first part of this statement many times, but the last part seems to be in a constant state of change. The first time I saw a Glock I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach... but I shot one & now have about 10 of them.
A few more have come & gone. Like Wayno I have troubles with large gripped guns & the Glock large frames are just out with me. I've tried. The middle frame ones push me as far as a really comfortable grip.
And to another one of Wayno's comments, the model 48 single stack. Had mine out yesterday. Cannot remember the last time I've been so happy with a new gun & also remained pleased for what is likely, forever. I honestly think it's my Eureka! gun. "I have found it" a wonderful combo for carry. Slim profile, reasonable weight, acceptable capacity, & a grip I can be fully comfortable with. Plus, I can hit well with it.
Glocks aren't eye candy for sure, but they get the job done.

I fell off the wagon five times. One of the best things about Glocks is you can easily totally disassemble them with a punch. I doubt there is any other pistol made with so few parts all of which can easily be replaced.

Welllll, a Ruger Six series revolver can be disassembled to the major component level using just the rim of a cartridge case. Now, you did say "pistol" and not "handgun" so I'll give you that. :)

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
I have two custom Glock 19's I use regularly.
Apex trigger system.
Vickers ext slide release and mag release
Custom Robar stippled frame, finger grooves removed, undercut guard, slimmed.
XS big dot front night site. & hard ledge rear sight

Attachments

• Glock 19 a.jpg
    Glock 19 a.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • Glock 19 b.jpg
    Glock 19 b.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • Glock 19 c.jpg
    Glock 19 c.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9

the_leper_colony

Single-Sixer
What is a rotary-barrel Beretta?
With both the Beretta 8000-series Cougars and Beretta PX4s (full-size & compact, but NOT the subcompact), the barrel rotates to unlock during recoil (the new Glock 46 operates the same way, but isn't currently available in the US.) With many (maybe most?) locked-breech auto pistol designs, the barrel drops down to unlock. There are obviously other designs also, like the Beretta 92 (where the locking block drops down, but is separate from the barrel & slide).

I think most folks like what they like, for whatever reason(s), and I doubt anyone can really say that 'design A' is better than 'design B' in every way & for every use...
:)

RC44Mag

Bearcat
Very nice, enjoy
I own Sig, Beretta and Colt pistols and haven’t thought about guying Glock since I started buying Decades ago, In the past 1/2 year or so I’ve been getting the itch for a Glock 20. I just might have to scratch it soon.

GittinSkinny

Bearcat
I've owned and shot numerous Glock's. Not my cup of tea. Not because there's anything wrong with them, as there's obviously not. All the center fire Glock's I've shot, operated flawlessly and all have shot as well as any other striker fired pistol. My issue, and it's my issue, is that 2x4 grip. I just cannot make it work for me.

Now, there is an exception... The Glock 48. I know, 10-rounds is minimal capacity for todays shootouts, but the slim grip fits me incredibly well. It carries nice, operates flawlessly, and is a pleasure to shoot.

To the OP... I'm glad you found a pistol that works for you. There is a reason so many folks shoot Glock's as their preferred pistol.:cool:
If 10 rounds in an issue. Take a look at Shield Arms S15. https://shieldarms.com/s15 The Gen 2's I have all work great. It's a steel mag, so they recomend a metal mag catch too. I've got several Glocks but the G48 is the best of the bunch.

Latest posts