Forces or influences beyond our control

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
My blind hunter was so happy to get an opportunity to just go hunting and appreciated the sacrifice and effort that went into his trip. Talking to him re-opened some doors that I'd rather stayed closed but a few tears once in a while are good I guess. You guys may have figured out I'm not a praying person but I did toss out a couple hoping it would help Bill get a buck. As it was, he did get a small buck but he wasn't concerned about the size as much as I was. After the hunt was over, he asked how big of a buck "I would have let him shoot" to which I responded that if a B&C record book candidate walked out, we would have shot it--nothing was withheld.
Maybe this was a test from "the higher powers" or more likely just the luck of the draw so to speak. I got home from taking Bill back to Cameron MO to meet his spouse for the return home in time to make a quick sit before dark on the most accessible field just below the house. 15 minutes before the end of shooting time(almost exactly the same time as Bill had shot his buck the day before) a big bodied, high racked 11 point nearly ran over me while chasing a doe. It wasn't a "gimme" or a chip shot but I made it work and put the big boy on the ground. Had to use the loader tractor to move him as no way I could get him into the little ATV trailer we normally use to retrieve deer.
It may be better or wiser to just not try to give this sort of thing logical or reasonable explanations and just accept the results w/o question.
Oh yes, yesterday was my B-day also.

jkmo

Bearcat
Good on you for taking him out and getting a nice buck. Need pics! My old friend Doug F called a few days ago and we talked for almost two hours

turd

Buckeye
Iowa and Missouri deer are everything you've read about them. I have a mount of an 11 (yes, eleven) point buck in my garage. Eastern count of course, five on one side, six on the other. Another 8 point that I had trouble getting on my Hitch-Haul behind my Jeep. Hung out both sides. :mrgreen:

Edit: I lived in Des Moines, IA for 19 years.

SamV

Blackhawk
Good for you! You can be grateful for many things. Happy birthday from the other side of the state.

contender

Ruger Guru
Kudos again for helping him get his deer. And maybe the Good Lord decided to reward you for the goodness and your birthday by presenting you the opportunity of that nice deer. Happy birthday my friend!

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Mobuck [Maybe this was a test from "the higher powers" or more likely just the luck of the draw so to speak. I got home from taking Bill back to Cameron MO to meet his spouse for the return home in time to make a quick sit before dark on the most accessible field just below the house. 15 minutes before the end of shooting time(almost exactly the same time as Bill had shot his buck the day before) a big bodied, high racked 11 point nearly ran over me while chasing a doe. It wasn't a "gimme" or a chip shot but I made it work and put the big boy on the ground. Had to use the loader tractor to move him as no way I could get him into the little ATV trailer we normally use to retrieve deer.
It may be better or wiser to just not try to give this sort of thing logical or reasonable explanations and just accept the results w/o question.]

Sounds to me like a nice blessing, came your way. Nothing wrong with that. Blessings follow blessings. I'm glad you were blessed.

Latest posts