FoNRA,, the numbers are in

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well folks,, as many of y'all know,, I'm involved with the FoNRA & we had our local banquet last friday evening.

This year was a "challenge" to say the least.
In 2021,, we were severely restricted in attendance thanks to the beer virus & state, county restrictions. But we had a good event then anyway. This year,, several things happened.
We have a brand new Field Rep. He'd only gotten the job about 6 weeks prior to our event. Totally green, and he got very, very little training. Our event was to be his first one. With that,, we had a lot of little issues on ordering materials, product, etc.
Then, the day of the event,, problems.
(1) Staples was doing our program printing. It was scheduled to be finished by thursday evening at 6:30 pm. At 10:15 am Friday,, we went to get it,, and they hadn't even started it. Then the employee who was tasked with doing it immediately,, was rude,, got mad, threw a box across the room, threw papers on the floor, and even loud cussing. I grabbed a manager,, and had a polite but FIRM discussion. About 1-1/2 hours later,, we FINALLY got our programs. What were supposed to be double sided,, and stapled together were single paged, and not stapled. But we were now very late in trying to get to our event.
(2) The hosting facility,, we were supposed to have a computerized powerpoint presentation to scroll a list of our Donors, our Sponsors etc all evening,, AND be able to put up pictures of our live auction items. Three hours of their techs trying,, and it was a no-go. Never did get it to work.
(3) A minor thing,, yet something our regulars look for. We use colored, helium filled balloons to guide folks to various games & raffles. The helium tank which had been bought new,, was empty. No balloons.

Throw in that some of my committee members were either sick, (This included our world class auctioneer,) or suddenly on call, or in one couple's case,, didn't want to attend due to fears of crowd exposure & the possibility of the beer virus,, we were short handed.

But,, as chairman,, I had to jump in & figure out how to make things happen.
A call to another auctioneer, got me him, AND his (2) daughters to help. A couple more calls,, and I scared up a few more volunteers. One,, a FINE gentleman who's the manager of the local Sportsman's Warehouse,, who was also planning on attending,, volunteered to assist us in our games.
We got the programs stapled & put out. We didn't have the powerpoint,, or the balloons,, so we had to re-arrange some stuff,, but we made it work.

The doors opened at 6 pm as planned.
We had a pretty good attendance with very few who bought a ticket not attending.

We had a total of 70 firearms available for an attendance of 270 people. We didn't use all the firearms,, but we did transfer a total of 66 of them. Our table of guns raffle,, 6 out of 8 people played that game on the winning table. All 6 enjoyed getting a rifle.
Our key item,, a safe with 3 guns in it,, was a hot item,, and the winner,, didn't need the safe,, & sold it to another attendee for 1/2 price immediately. He kept the guns,, and was very happy.
Our Gun of the Year,, did quite well on the live auction,, as did the High Caliber gun. Most of y'all have seen my post about "Gun people" where the winning bidder GAVE AWAY the Colt Python. Truly the highlight of the evening.

But we finally got all the bills paid,, the event totals tallied,, and I was informed that we raised a NET amount of $65,700.00 this year. I'm dern proud of having done so well. The numbers make all the other stuff pale,, and make me proud of how well we did!

Oh,, yes,, I did manage to win a gun myself. :D

contender

Ruger Guru
I have no clue about the Staples guy. I think it was more that he actually had to work,, and it wasn't his normal area of work.

But yes,, the event turned out quite well,, despite all the issues we had this year.

Ty, sounds like a great event was had by all. Kudos to you and your workers for pulling it off. The one I go to is March 5 and I'm looking forward to it.
The money raised always goes to good causes and that committee is very good at giving out the money to the shooting groups that really need it, not those who just want it.

GLASSMAN

Blackhawk
Glad it worked out so well for everyone.
Looks like hard work and devotion wins again!

Well, the FoNRA banquet/fundraiser I go to was last night. Had a great time, as usual, and didn't do to badly. Won a silent auction of a very well made (and heavy) Swiss military woodsman axe (20" handle so will be great for splitting kindling for the wood burner) and I'm a sucker for well made axes, knives, kukris, etc.

Live auction got a nice (and big) patriotic candle holder that the 3 sides are cut out to show a flag/star, 2A, and 1776 (tough to describe, I'll have to post a pic). Oh it came with a ballon also (it's another way to win a gun - I didn't win though)

Jackie won 3 prizes that she bought tickets for, included was a bunch more knitting stuff :)

Towards the end of the evening things got better for me, I won a Ruger 10/22 that has a factory mounted Viridian EON 3-9x40 scope (Ruger model # 31159) and then 10 mins later won a Ruger American in .270 with a factory installed Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40 scope (Ruger model # 16932). Have to go later this week to the gunshop handling the guns for the banquet to pick them up.

So, all in all a pretty good evening and I'm sure this committee raised a pretty good amount of money.

Side note for those that go to these events and have the opportunity to bid on the special Colt Python, the High Caliber gun, it went for what I consider a LOW amount, I told myself I should have bid on it because I know I could have gotten my money back +. It went for $2200.

Rumrunner

Hunter
Congrats. Sounds like a great banquet even with the glitches. We started a FRoNRA in my town and had two banquets before Corona hit. Waiting to see if we can get it going again.

I'm a sponsor for Whitetails Unlimited but missed our banquet due to my wife and I coming down with covid. Auction prices were amazingly high. Think everyone was ready to get out and play.

RoninPA said:
Towards the end of the evening things got better for me, I won a Ruger 10/22 that has a factory mounted Viridian EON 3-9x40 scope (Ruger model # 31159) and then 10 mins later won a Ruger American in .270 with a factory installed Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40 scope (Ruger model # 16932). Have to go later this week to the gunshop handling the guns for the banquet to pick them up.

So, all in all a pretty good evening and I'm sure this committee raised a pretty good amount of money.

You won a 20 gauge a couple years ago, and I bought it from you for my wife. She still loves it. Congrats on the success (you, your wife, and the NRA!)

contender

Ruger Guru
Congrats to you & Jackie Ron!

But most of all,,, THANKS for supporting a good cause!

kentuckyyeti said:
You won a 20 gauge a couple years ago, and I bought it from you for my wife. She still loves it. Congrats on the success (you, your wife, and the NRA!)

I remember that, glad she's happy with it. Thank you and these functions, which people don't seem to understand, is what the FoNRA actually does for shooters around the whole USA. Nothing political, just helping people with their shooting endeavors.