Fobus holsters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
I know that the holster subject has been beat to death several times here as far as choice and what folks have. I'll try to be a bit more specific. I am wondering if many people here wear a fobus holster specifically for the SR9? It appears that they have a "fixed" model and an adjustable model. Never had a "plastic" holster before and am wondering how you guys who do use them like them. I am looking at the HK1(?) paddle holster.

So, what are your thoughts on this. I like the adjustable model idea because you can easily adjust for cross carry. Do they conceal easily? Their ad says that they carry high. What I mainly worry about is the barrel showing below a shirt or jacket.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

keyston44

Bearcat
I have one for my P-95. I think it makes a great range holster and a good concealment holster if covering with a heavy garmet. I like a leather pancake holster better because it holds the gun higher and tighter to my body. Key

ConradM

Blackhawk
I have one..

IMG_36101280x768.jpg

If I could do it again I would have just gotten the Serpa instead. Or a Comptac open-top.

The Fobus is very thin and sticks out pretty far. Not to mention it can be literally pulled off of the paddle in which case you're screwed.

OH... I remember why I got it, the Serpa wasn't out yet! :lol: Yea, def spend a few bucks more and get the Serpa.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Or if money isn't an issue get the Comptac open-top kydex holster.

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
Well, went to the Serpa web site and they don't list a holster for the SR9, or several other pistols that I have. So! Am back to square one on this.

Thanks for the inputs on the Fobus, think I'll pass on these for now.

ConradM, that pic is how I dress 95% of the time, t-shirt and jeans. I noticed how low that pistol/holster combo rides and that pic answers the question that I had on that issue. It is hard to conceal when the end of the muzzle and/or holster sit that low. I don't feel the need to carry that often, but when I do I need to be able to conceal with no problems. An IWB is out for me so that limits my choices.

I asked about the adjustable Fobus since I like the idea of being able to wear it cross draw while driving.

Key, that is something i'll look into, the leather pancake.

Thanks guys for the inputs, they are helping a LOT.

ConradM

Blackhawk
frontstuffers":1gc7jmhe said:
Well, went to the Serpa web site and they don't list a holster for the SR9, or several other pistols that I have. So! Am back to square one on this.

Thanks for the inputs on the Fobus, think I'll pass on these for now.

ConradM, that pic is how I dress 95% of the time, t-shirt and jeans. I noticed how low that pistol/holster combo rides and that pic answers the question that I had on that issue. It is hard to conceal when the end of the muzzle and/or holster sit that low. I don't feel the need to carry that often, but when I do I need to be able to conceal with no problems. An IWB is out for me so that limits my choices.

I asked about the adjustable Fobus since I like the idea of being able to wear it cross draw while driving.

Key, that is something i'll look into, the leather pancake.

Thanks guys for the inputs, they are helping a LOT.

You must have looked at the wrong serpa...

blackhawkserpa.jpg

That being said I don't think the serpa would work for you either. Look at the comptac open-top. It's a very slim package that probably sits a bit higher than a serpa.