Fluted RB-41W?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I am looking at a 41 Mag Bisley Blackhawk. It has a fluted cylinder, but the box for the gun has "RB-41W". Mislabeled, or wrong cylinder, or wrong box? Hopefully, I can get the SN for the gun and call Ruger. The 3 digit number on the cylinder should match the last three numbers of the gun, right? :?

Dave

chet15

Hawkeye
You don't happen to have the original shipping sleeve with that one do you?
It would be nothing new for Ruger to ship a gun as something other than what it really is.
Ruger had an especially hard time keeping their .22 and .32 Bisleys correct as far as shipping containers. You may get a wrong box label on the end, but most of the time the shipping sleeve was correct...MOST OF THE TIME.
And yes, the front of the cylinder should have matching digits scratched on its front face....course, this doesn't mean the gun hasn't been back to have another cylinder fitted.
Chet15

Mystery solved....the Bisley is a fluted cylinder model. SN 47-05xxx. The gentleman bought the revolver without a box and picked up a box and shipper for an RB-41W. I was interested for a time, but passed on it.

Dave

chet15

Hawkeye
How was it priced? A pretty scarce gun there.
An RB-41W box isn't the easiest thing to come up with either. Wasn't too long after those guns came out that Ruger quit putting a label on the box end.
Chet15

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
+2 to Chet15 and +1 to Flatgate

Mine is one of my favorite shooters. I passed on one 6 years earlier as overpriced, but when I had a second chance at a different one, I didn't make the same mistake again. If the price is reasonable enough and the condition is there... buy it and sell the box and shipper.