Fluted cylinder blackhawk bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have a friend who wants to sell his .44 mag, fluted cylinder , early production Bisley.

It has never been shot, and is complete with box, papers, and shipper.

I have no idea what such a package would be worth, but I believe they quit making fluted Bisleys some time ago.

Does anyone have any info on how many fluted .44 Bisleys were made, and during what years?

What would one be worth?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Watchman.

chet15

Hawkeye
We'd heard that the very first production run of the RB44 (from a factory source) was 2,006 guns. Then they made at least one more group of at least that many more, but production probably didn't pass much more than about 5,000 before being dropped for the roll engraved RB-44W model.
The last price guide we did in the Red Eagle News Exchange had the RB-44 come out $480 NIB. Problem is, 2009 dealer price for the non-fluted model was $519.08 and they have had another price increase for 2010.
I.M.O. the RB-44 in NIB condition should have at least a $100 premium above today's dealer price, but being a NM probably won't bring it. :cry:
Chet15

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Watchman, I have been looking for that very gun and posted a WTB ad a couple of weeks back here on the forum with no response. If you are not buying the Bisley and your friend doesn't have a buyer lined up, please contact me. I will pay a fair premium if indeed mint.

Thanks for the response guys!

I will talk to my buddy and see if he still has it, and what he wants for it.

If it is more than I can afford, I will pass the opportunity on to you, JCW.

This one might be a real sleeper in years to come.