Florida and the Next Hurricane...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

seasterl

Single-Sixer
I’m in the eye of the hurricane as I type this now. Weird feeling of no wind or rain after it pounded us all night, and we didn’t even get the worst of it.

hittman

Staff member
My young granddaughter moved to Altamont Springs a few months ago for a job.
Luckily, the worst of the storm missed her town and was downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it got there.
All is well with her.

So, she’s survived her first hurricane warning ….. much different than the foot of snow she grew up with here in Illinois.

bowzette

Bearcat
Dog YoYo and I had to go for a bladder walk last night. Wind and rain was worse than I thought. A transformer blew about 30 yards from me. The walk ended at that point. All is well in our area of St. Pete. We have a lot of small limbs down to clean up. We didn't loose power or water. We are fortunate as we were initially the target for several days. Ian landed 80 miles south of us but looks like it went inland about a 45-60 degree angle to the northeast so it came closer to the Tampa Bay area but I don't know how close.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Well, it missed me here near Zephyrhills, loads of small branches down and a TON of leaves; I'm hoping the Winn-Dixie market is open, I need eggs and some tea bags of my favorite flavors. Wallyworld says they will open at 5:00AM Friday; Publix will open Friday too.
Sorry for the folks down in Ft Myers, I lived worked down there some years ago.

daka

Bearcat
Suppose everyone in Florida owned/operated EV’s during hurricane evacs?! I just hope everyone gets through the ordeal with minimal problems/losses.

002_jpg-2540382-jpg.1092899
Just carry a small generator and some gas to charge your EV🤣