Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Finally found a flattop .357 like I've been looking for for years. I'm a flatbolt 77 guy, but I wanted one good flattop. It is serial number 36xxx, 6.5" eight groove barrel.

flatgate

Hawkeye
worthless.gif

112875762.jpg

:D

flatgate

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Flatgate, mine is not quite as nice as yours, but I'll see if I can get a picture up.

I didn't think anyone would want to see a common flattop.

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Well, this one is uncommon. Not often do you find one in this condition. I know, I've been looking for several years.

Flattop012.jpg

Flattop011.jpg

My apologies for the photography.

Jim

Oh, man, I love 'em like that . . . "experienced".

I believe you'll find it was shipped early/mid 1961, but a call to TheFactory is in order.

I'd find myself a set of "not pristine" original black plastic grips for it and keep it just as it is.

Oil it up to prevent further deterioration, and enjoy it for its historical value. If only old guns could talk . . .

:) :) :)

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Well, Flatgate, not to be snooty, but yours is a step below (above) mine. Mine has numerous pits. Yours looks smooth as a baby's bottom.

And, if you'll look closely, mine has chips out of the trigger guard, and the grips are much more chintsy than yours, not to mention cracked.

" . . . the grips are much more chintsy . . . not to mention cracked."

Yes, but those may be the ultra-rare MOTS grips by the now-defunct Ajax Company.

;)

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Arrrgggh! I checked the back of them and the have a large number 24 on them and some lettering that says Single-Six, Blackhawk, and XR-3 and some other that I can't read because it's smudged.

I do admit that I had to pay quite a bit more than Flatgate did for his, though.

This beauty set me back $175.

flatgate

Hawkeye
mcknight77":3tkwdc8c said:
Arrrgggh! I checked the back of them and the have a large number 24 on them and some lettering that says Single-Six, Blackhawk, and XR-3

Ajax Brand. Zillions of 'em are out there.... :D

flatgate

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Flatgate, you've been killing me with that picture of that worn out flattop for a long time. I am finally able to compete with this one!