Flattop Red Dot Sight Mounts Available

Help Support Ruger Forum:

griffonhill

Bearcat
I posted this over on the Single Action forum, but also wanted to post here for others to see.

I recently started a business called Griffon Hill hoping to solve a problem I was having along with probably many of you, and that is finding a mount for a red dot for Ruger single actions. Specifically, NM Flattops. Currently I am in the process of testing the prototype and will soon start a production batch of mounts.

The first mount I have designed fits all New Model Flattops and is CNC machined from 7075 Aluminum and will be hard coat anodized.

The mount has the Docter/Noblex footprint and will accept Vortex Venom, Vortex Viper and Burris Fastfire red dots.

I just wanted to let everyone know and kind of gauge the interest level to see how many everyone would be interested in.

Here it is on my 5.5" Bisley in 44 Special with a Vortex Venom 3 MOA sight. The prototype is in raw aluminum, but the finished product will be black anodized. I just finished putting 115 rounds through it and the mount is rock solid. With all the delays right now it will probably be a month or two before they are available for sale, and at that time I will have my website up and running for orders. Been a lot of fun putting this together, hope you all like it.

I do have plans for making this to fit other red dots along with other mounts for the Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk revolvers but this is a starting point for now.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 353
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
All of this type of one screw mounts sure seem like utilizing the pin pivot holes would add greatly to the strength .
Is that something you are lookling at?

contender

Ruger Guru
Neat idea here.
Let me offer a bit of marketing advice.
Look at the production numbers of the different models,, and see which models enjoy the most sales. Focus on that market.
In this case,, the normal "Blackhawk" frame size is the most prevalent.

You also mentioned the cross pin hole as a second attachment point. In general,, this is fine. However,, there have been many cases of the pin hole in the frames not always being "exactly" the same location.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

griffonhill

Bearcat
Neat idea here.
Let me offer a bit of marketing advice.
Look at the production numbers of the different models,, and see which models enjoy the most sales. Focus on that market.
In this case,, the normal "Blackhawk" frame size is the most prevalent.

You also mentioned the cross pin hole as a second attachment point. In general,, this is fine. However,, there have been many cases of the pin hole in the frames not always being "exactly" the same location.

Just a few thoughts to consider.
I agree the regular Blackhawk market is larger. The Flattop market, while being a niche market, is vastly under-served so I decided to start there. I also have mounts that will fit the Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, Redhawks, GP100s, Security Sixes, and Single Sixes currently in development. Those will be available later this year.

The cross pin hole will be drilled by the end user, just like a pinned front sight install.

griffonhill

Bearcat
I also had the engineer allow for a second screw that is tucked nicely inside the rear sight pocket. So in case you want to add another screw, it will not show if you ever remove the red dot and go back to iron sights or if you want to resell the gun. Way more attractive than having to put a screw through the top strap that will show forever. Probably unnecessary as the cross pin adds tons of strength, but just in case it is there.

mjac

Bearcat
Looks good but unfortunately I missed out on the flattop I was hoping to buy. Your mount was/is the only option for a flattop. I'll certainly keep in mind.
GLWS.

Seminole Wind

Bearcat
Perfect timing, the Flattop mounts are now available. I just made the website live today.

You can check them out at:
www.griffonhill.com

View attachment 3884
Just fyi, your Ruger flattop mount will probably work on a Magnum Research BFR. I have used a Ruger flattop mount made by a now defunct company on a BFR, and it fit perfectly. Thanks for making these mounts available again.

griffonhill

Bearcat
I sure would like a couple for a standard Blackhawk. Let us know when "coming soon" is over and it is available.
You can sign up on my website to be notified when it comes out. But I will also post here when the time comes. Should be later this year, still waiting on the prototype to be made.