Hammer

Single-Sixer

Hereby declare my intent to buy one.

Motion is seconded.

Call for the question.

The Ayes have it.

patrick_ford

Bearcat
Wow, that makes me wish I hadn't bought the standard one in 4 5/8" last year that is now currently back at Ruger getting the grip frame fixed. :(

I can't think of a cooler combination...

Patrick

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
patrick_ford":1tiie9mx said:
Wow, that makes me wish I hadn't bought the standard one in 4 5/8" last year that is now currently back at Ruger getting the grip frame fixed. :(

Patrick
Just out of curiosity, what broke in your grip frame?

I'm half wishing I bought a 4 5/8" Lipsey's in addition to my 5.5", though the stainless gun might be nice, too.

-- Sam

gak

Buckeye
I don't think there's any interest in .44 Special :) The SHOT Show is looking to be mighty interesting. C'mon New Vaquero...pleeease.

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
Aw c'mon now, I can't afford another one of these blasted things. :cry: (A Bisley grip would make my 4 5/8 Lipsey's perfect) :D

Dale53

Blackhawk
Well, I already have a .44 Lipsey Special (5½") and while I prefer the Bisley grip I am now attached to mine and won't be changing it.

Mine shoots like a house afire and I am going to stick with it. I am NOT going to dump it for the first pretty face that comes along. No sirree BOB!!

FWIW
Dale53

REP1954

Blackhawk
I'm sure there is a smile on Elmers face. It must be tough to be right over eighty years ahead of the times. Imagine how many aluminum Bisley grip frames Ruger could sell.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
bisley-flattop2.jpg

M'BOGO

Buckeye
That is cheaper than buying the blackhawk and putting bisley parts on it, like I was planning on doing....

Thank's Lee, now do I still order a stainless too?

patrick_ford

Bearcat
Sam,

The grip frame guide pin was drilled improperly making aftermarket grips a no-go. After trying 3 different grips to replace the cheese grater grips that are now standard, I called up Ruger and asked them to fix the grip frame. The worst part was I ordered some simulated ivory grips on the last go-around and not only did they not fit they were chipped in two different places. I think they have the potential of looking really nice if they were not chipped and fit properly.

I probably could have gotten a custom grip maker to fit some grips, but I decided to have Ruger make it right. They sent out UPS to pick it up on their dime and the fellow on the phone said they would make sure it is in spec and fit some smooth grips like I wanted at no cost.

Now I just have to be patient and wait for it to come back. I don't really know how I like shooting the gun since I have only put about 100 rounds through it so far. I have a Bisley .45 Colt Blackhawk that I love and I really like the .44 special cartridge. Thus the dilemma with the possibility of a .44 special mid-sized framed Bisley Blackhawk.

Patrick

Yosemite Sam":3ifk96zd said:
patrick_ford":3ifk96zd said:

Patrick
Just out of curiosity, what broke in your grip frame?

I'm half wishing I bought a 4 5/8" Lipsey's in addition to my 5.5", though the stainless gun might be nice, too.

-- Sam