Flattop 44 special bisley question????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

71shooter

Single-Sixer
At some point in the near future, I would like to take a blue 5.5" Flattop Bisley 44 special, have it lightened up as much as possible, and then have turbull's finish it in CCH and rust blue. The current production blue models only have stainless hammers, which I don't care for. The early production guns had blue hammers, but all of those I have come across have the lock feature in the grip, which I also don't care fore. So, my question is:

Did Ruger make any flattop 44 special Bisleys with blue hammers and NO LOCK??? If so, does anyone have an idea of what serial number range these guns were made?? Thanks!

P.S. You are more than welcome to question my dislike for stainless hammers and safety locks, but know that no amount of rational persuasion and/or criticism will get me to accept them! :D

G2

Hunter
YES

520-2784X

Bisley, 5.5", 44 Special, Blue Hammer, Trigger, No Lock.

I really don't think the lock ever made it into any of the Bisley's.

If your interested drop me a line.

Due to the fact that one of the above poster's (RB) :D made my holy grail gun become a reality; OMFT conversion, 44Special, Brass Bisley/ Fishpaw French Walnut, 5.5" Octagon.

I would consider parting ways with 520-2784X. :wink:

71shooter

Single-Sixer
G2 said:
YES

520-2784X

Bisley, 5.5", 44 Special, Blue Hammer, Trigger, No Lock.

I really don't think the lock ever made it into any of the Bisley's.

If your interested drop me a line.

Due to the fact that one of the above poster's (RB) :D made my holy grail gun become a reality; OMFT conversion, 44Special, Brass Bisley/ Fishpaw French Walnut, 5.5" Octagon.

I would consider parting ways with 520-2784X. :wink:

PM sent!