......Amen to that.........(y);)

Attachments

• Carl's Riley.jpg
    Carl's Riley.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 19

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I miss Carl, but I seem to recall his birthday was in January โ“

This forum was started by a guy who went by the username "parabellum" and he owned several forums that were taking up too much of his time. So he tried to find someone to run RugerForum by putting the ownership rights on eBay for $50 but got no bids. That's when Carl stepped in to take over the responsibilities.

yes, MIke P. had a lot on his table back then and as noted when Carl "took over" and the Smith forum also went to another friend of ours,,,Mike continued with the Sig forum,,,back then I think it was all under "United Forums" ,old school set, took lots to keep things running smoothly by 'admin'......way over and out of MY paygrade, and like 22 years ago??? ...and 'flatgate' will always be remembered...one "cool" Dude loved his dogs like we do.........May he rest in Peace and enjoy the heavenly snows.....(y);)

Attachments

• Carl's  Ruger.jpg
    Carl's Ruger.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Carl's Cody.jpg
    Carl's Cody.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 12
I never met flatgate, but I remember trying to sign up here and it wouldn't let me. Somehow, I was able to contact Carl. He said it was my generic "yahoo" email (that was the reason the site rejected me). He talked to me for a while- I guess he was trying to determine if I was a scammer?- and then he approved my membership.
I also remember when we did the (on the down low so he wouldn't know about it) donation/fundraising in order to buy Carl the collection of same-serial number Ruger firearms and gave them to him. I owe him my forever gratitude for allowing me on his site.