Flatgate featured in new American Rifleman

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
RiflemanRSS.jpg

I've NEVER, in over 20 years, seen one priced THAT low. Not out here in the West!

I think some of those "writers" live in "another world".... :D

As Usual, JMHO

flatgate

RonEgg

Blackhawk
I am always amazed at the prices they say guns are worth in their magazine. They might buy it from you for that price, but never sell it to you at that price.

flatgate":14p2m9gh said:
RiflemanRSS.jpg

I've NEVER, in over 20 years, seen one priced THAT low. Not out here in the West!

I think some of those "writers" live in "another world".... :D

As Usual, JMHO

flatgate

:shock: :shock: :? For that price I would buy everyone I could get my hands on! :!: Very brief article & informative.

Flatgate, the trick is to pay the "extra".... last one we bought at the Medina ,Ohio gun show was $250 and it had factory stags on it to boot........... 8)
hell ,number #474 ,new in the box, cost us $450...at the OGCA , you had to be there to see the look on Bill H and RIch M's faces when they saw me sitting there with the boxed gun , on my lap, at the guys table............. :roll:
( made Lauras heart go ..pitter- pat.......) :wink:

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
pevadijk":3vgznjed said:
http://www.jachthuisnoordgouwe.nl/index.php?details=76
This is the actual gun, but now I think I've made a mistake since it looks like it's not a flatgate.........although my memory thinks it is :-(

A flatgate gun won't have a prefixed serial number.

flatgate

Hawkeye
rugerguy":2wsp8ohu said:
Flatgate, the trick is to pay the "extra".... last one we bought at the Medina ,Ohio gun show was $250 and it had factory stags on it to boot........... 8)
hell ,number #474 ,new in the box, cost us $450...at the OGCA , you had to be there to see the look on Bill H and RIch M's faces when they saw me sitting there with the boxed gun , on my lap, at the guys table............. :roll:
( made Lauras heart go ..pitter- pat.......) :wink:

No, the "trick" is to be East! You guys see more Rugers in a Month than I've seen in 3 or 4 years at the gun shows here in the west. I've made deals, too. RSSM with Factory Stags for $400 ain't bad, eh?

You guys think I've been lying all these years but I'm not! It's the truth.

Ah, but how many crimes occur in the neighborhoods around here? Petty Candy Stealing, the occasional theft of milk by cats at the dairy......damn, it's getting bad! The nearest "Stop Light" is still 40 miles away and that's too damn close. Ol' Governor Ed said "Gun Control in Wyoming means being able to hit your target!" 'nuff said! :D

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
Sigh,,,,,,,,,,, more people in the east,,, more guns hiding in lots of places and cheaper prices. Out west,,,, lots less people,,, shorter growing season,,,, and fewer quality guns available... So goes life!

And the disgusting thing is, Dan had a table full of REALLY NICE Rugers at OGCA last weekend, and nobody even looked at them more than a casual, passing glance. He had 'em priced right, too.

I can only assume that 1) the economy is worse than we think, and 2) we Easterners are somewhat spoiled with the availability of OM's.

JMHO

M'BOGO

Buckeye
gunman42782":is04l77l said:
M'BOGO":is04l77l said:
And it is rough....

Yeah, but I would still buy it for what they say it is worth!

I'd have to agree, I saw one about ten years ago for $400, didn't have the cash, but wish(ed) I could. It looked like it was right out of the box.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":37es89ff said:
we Easterners are somewhat spoiled with the availability of OM's.

JMHO

Please replace the word "somewhat" with "totally", if you please?

Undeniable Fact!

Ah, but we Westerners are blessed with higher prices and lack of availability!

:D

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":3lxkqglk said:
Ah, but the internet makes eastern guns readily available to westerners . . . and at eastern prices, as well.

:mrgreen:

Yes, and sometimes two different FFL's "disposition and acquisition" fees and shipping.

Bottom Line? $100 or more.

Oh, well, that's how it works.....

flatgate

Latest posts