Flatgate, Carl Laco called home to the lord...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doublebarrel_2

Bearcat
RIP, flatgate. Don't know him personally but I did make a friend here on the Ruger forum, whose name is also Carl. We kinda lost contact for a long time too (I haven't logged into the forum for ages), will try to get in touch again. Life is short... :)

Swobard2

Bearcat
Though I remember him only as Flatgate, from earlier days on this forum, he was a fountain of knowledge, and a patient teacher to those without his deep knowledge of Ruger products.
God bless you, Mr. Flatgate.

Swampbilly_2

Single-Sixer
Carl passed away three or four months ago I was told a few minutes ago. He died at the rest home in Rock Springs where he'd been for quite some spell.
I'll bet the conversations up yonder with Bill Ruger have been Wonderful !!
Over the years he'd stop here and we'd talk guns and drink beer to all hours of the night, then get up early and go shooting up in the Black Hills until we were both pooped.
He taught me the joys and relaxation of shooting sitting down !!
Some day we'll all be together again Carl.
And so it goes...

Really hate to hear that. I only had opportunity to meet Carl once, at the NRA Convention in Charlotte NC in 2010.

I thought I had taken a photo of him, at that time, but examining my photos...looks like I didn't. Did get to briefly meet and greet him though at the Booth, as well as meeting Contender and Penny. Attached two photo I did get at that event.

Rest in Piece, Carl ("FlatGate")....you established and left behind a great Forum :

Attachments

• IMG_2699.JPG
    IMG_2699.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2695_1.JPG
    IMG_2695_1.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 49

Knuckles

Buckeye
I was a nobody on his forum and Carl reached out and conversed with me regarding some of my subjects, boy that made me feel very welcome and Carl (the 'Boss') very approachable.
I was very sad when I become aware of his departure...I just stared at my screen. 🤔
I enjoyed just reading his remarks on fellow member's posts...I sure like his forum.