Fl. Gunsmiths

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GD1656

Single-Sixer
I bought an OM SBH that had been sent been sent back to Ruger for the transfer bar conversion--i also have the OM parts in the bag that Ruger sent back to previous owner---I would like to have it put back to all OM ----does anyone know of a gunsmith in Fl. that is good at this job--or is it something that can be done at home[checking for wear of old parts,etc.] I would like to be able to drive gun to gunsmith . THANKS Paul

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I found it not too hard to learn to take my "new models" apart and put them back together again. I don't think the "old models" would be any more difficult. Just get the owners manual online ( http://ruger.com/index.html ), diagrams, instructions, watch the Ruger videos and search for advise on this forum and you should be ok. As you take the gun apart lay-out the parts in order, that's what I do.

Here is a pretty good thread. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... highlight=

If you want to find a gunsmith that can do it for you, call the gun shops in your area and see who they recommend. :D

...just my opinion, Jimbo (gun-hackers anonymous)

GD1656

Single-Sixer
I called a couple of the older known shops here and they recommended the same gunsmith--so i called him-he said he would have a problem doing it because of a liability issue---so i called a shop in central Fl. and he said 'no problem'--i guess ill be taking a ride to have it done---anyone know of Dans Gunroom in Inverness Fl.---THANKS

3-screw-357

Bearcat
GD1656":3vdksyo8 said:
I called a couple of the older known shops here and they recommended the same gunsmith--so i called him-he said he would have a problem doing it because of a liability issue---so i called a shop in central Fl. and he said 'no problem'--i guess ill be taking a ride to have it done---anyone know of Dans Gunroom in Inverness Fl.---THANKS

Hi I have NEVER used a gunsmith but his name has come up on the range
so I went to his shop with an old 30/30 just to see and feel. I like him and his shop, he in Englewood Fl 34224
Vern Kohlenberg
MT's GUN SHOP INC
941-474-8232

Hope this helps Jesse

ZiggyK

Bearcat
I just bought my P944 from a gunsmith in Lakeland FL. He's a 30 year gunsmith and best of all he owns Rugers so he knows alot about them which is half the reason I bought the gun through him. The company is called Desired Accuracy and can be contacted at 863-660-4509.