Fixxing the mag.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DC13

Bearcat
Ok so today after shooting with my wife I thought to my self if there is any way to fix my SR9 mag. from a 10rd to a 17rd. Since I am in California well nuff said. Im used to Idaho laws not eating chocolate 10 rounds even the cop I was talking to here thinks 10 rounds is a BS thing. Or should I just spend the 50bucks a mag. and just buy new ones ship to my Idaho address and then forward them here? Or do a drive to AZ or something.

Mike J

Hunter
Regardless of my opinion of a law it is still a law. I don't think it is smart to come online & announce my intentions to break any law pertaining to firearms.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Willfully breaking the law, even a stupid one like the California magazine (NOT clip) limit, ultimately hurts responsible gun owners in your state, and is also just friggin' stupid.

-JT

Thunderhawk

Single-Sixer
Grendel":2zt5oy6w said:
Willfully breaking the law, even a stupid one like the California magazine (NOT clip) limit, ultimately hurts responsible gun owners in your state, and is also just friggin' stupid.

-JT

Man that is soooo true. Idiots doing things like that just give the Libs in Sack-of-mentals more reasons to make more stupid laws, just like they want.

DC13...I assume you asked the questions, because you really don't know the answer, and/or considered the ramifications.

1st of all, modifying a magazine, which is as cheap and available as Ruger's are, to create a hi-cap, is not wise, or cost effective. When you're in a State that allows the purchase of hi-cap magazines, just buy them there.

If the possession of a hi-cap magazine is illegal, where you're at, it's just not worth the chance. And if you're deciding to take the chance, anyway, I surely would not be broadcasting it on the internet.

Just my opinions(s).:wink:

WAYNO.

DC13

Bearcat
I found my answer I can go to the Police Station and ask for a high-cap mag. permit since I'm military and from Idaho that allows those.
I thought that as long as I would not get it from Cali. that I could have it.
So tomorrow I will go down and try and get one if not then I will be buying a few 10 round mags.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
blume357":246anah6 said:
Just to be contrary, high capacity mags in a handgun are to a degree over played. I'm seriously thinking about dropping back to 10 rounders for my P95... making the pistol lighter to carry.

They're not "high capacity" mags, they're normal capacity mags. The gun was designed for them, not those commie 10-rounders. :D

-JT

railroader

Single-Sixer
blume357":oje5jg3n said:
Just to be contrary, high capacity mags in a handgun are to a degree over played. I'm seriously thinking about dropping back to 10 rounders for my P95... making the pistol lighter to carry.

Can't you just load 10 rounds in your 15 round mags? Mark

jhearne

Buckeye
You can't make the 10 rounders into 17 rounders, the plastic base plates are totally different. The metal Magazine in the 10 rounders is made to only hold 10 rounds, the remainder of missing material is made up by the plastic base which is probably a little over an inch tall. You could try to modify the base of the 10, but I think under it's floorplate it's skeletonized to where any modifications might ruin the base, atleast the P95's 10 round bases are IIRC.

Also, I'm unsure the 17 and 10 rounders use the same Mag Springs.

Josh

wixedmords

Blackhawk
I am betting we just misunderstood DC13. ;) (wink, wink)

I think he was just asking if it could physically be done, not that he was going to do it. Is that correct DC13? If you know what I mean ?

DC13

Bearcat
I really thought that I could have 10+ mags if it didnt come from California or that you could make it. And by doing that you could use and have it. But after you just saying that I went and found the law and it says that I can have a permit or I can make the mag fit more if I use the shell of the smaller mag. But I cant take apart a 17round mag and come here and put it back together or use a +10 mag. even if I got it online. Im fine with the 10 rounders just means in I need to keep up my 7in groupies at 10-15yards. and help my wife shoot better by getting a laser/tac light.