Fixed sight Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

leejack

Single-Sixer
I've got my eye on a Single Six, model NR-5FL. I love the looks of it.

My only six to date, is a 6 1/2 with adjustable sights.

Are the fixed sight single sixes known to be POA shooters?

Comments welcome,

Lee

Coop

Blackhawk
Based on my personal experience, No.

My fixed sight SS groups have a tendency to wander +/- 2" , even after I tried Federal Match Target ammunition from a rest at 25 yards.

YMMV

Coop

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
leejack,

Thanks for the pm, I will reply. I have both fixed and adjustable single sixes and like them both. I think for casual shooting either is fine. I prefer the looks of the fixed sight, but again its a personal issue. The fixed most likely won't shoot as tight as its counterpart but once you know your guns tendencies you can shoot all day and be very satisfied.

I would suggest you own both and just enjoy the options. Hope that helps but again it is a personal taste and accuracy issue.

Keep shooting,
Shorty

leejack

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys!

I'm just so addicted to these Rugers I can't get enough. :D

All the best,
Lee

edlmann

Blackhawk
Coop":273chw7l said:
My fixed sight SS groups have a tendency to wander +/- 2" , even after I tried Federal Match Target ammunition from a rest at 25 yards.

In a fixed-sight platform, the size of a group is more likely to be an equipment issue than a wandering group.

Old22mag

Bearcat
I'd have to agree with Edlmann, I have 3 Old Model Single sixes, and they all print a very small group (may not be point of aim) but a very nice group.

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
I am not sure if any single-six is a "POA" shooter. I read somewhere that there is .03 difference between 22lr and 22mag. Ruger solution barrel size .01 oversize on 22lr and .01 undersize on 22mag.

If anyone else knows where I found this information, please let me know. I have refered to it a couple of times now. I feel a little funny not being able to reference the source of the information.

John C.