fixed sight 4 inch GP-100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
I just bought a used GP-100 catalog number is KGPF-341. It is a stainless 4 inch full shroud fixed sight model.

It is not in the current Ruger offerings, the serial number dates it a 1995. It came with a Houge rubber grip and the original box. The best part.....in the box is the sought after no longer available original compact grip with nice wood insers.

I am very exited about this revolver, it is a nice old school configuration of the GP-100.

Just out of curiousity, how rare is this model? Thanks, Ed

Timbo22

Single-Sixer
Wow, nice snag! I really like GP100s as well as the other double action Rugers. Yours is variation that I don't have, although I do have one almost like it but in 38 Special with rubber Houge grips made in 2012 (model KGPF-841). Other than the 3 inch barreled models, fixed sight GP100s are pretty scarce. I don't have any hard numbers, however.

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
I had one similar to it (albeit with the short-shroud barrel) in the 1990s-twice. A local gunsmith performed an action job on it, and the finish was bead-blasted to a matte silver-gray. I traded it in once, had seller's remorse, bought it back, and eventually traded it in again...In some ways I wish I hadn't, and still had it, but on the other hand, good as it was, realistically at the end of the day it didn't do anything more (actually less) than my current stainless Security Six and custom-reworked adjustable sight blued GP100...But if I came across one in great condition, logic aside, I'd probably buy one...(again).

Best, Jon

eveled

Hawkeye
ruger357001.jpg

Here it is with my sp101 and my security six. Ed

eveled

Hawkeye
Finally got the new GP to the range! I love this gun, shoots like an absolute dream, 50 yards, 50 shots all on paper, no fliers in double action. What a great gun. Now I am lusting after a 3" version. I might even sell my sp101 to fund it. Ed

rtl

Single-Sixer
I got one in the late 90's with a half lug that i like so well I bought another during the most recent run a couple years ago to keep as a safe queen. That's by far my favorite double action revolver. I'm not sure how many were produced, but I've never seen one used. I tell my family and shooting coworkers to buy one for themselves if they ever see one, because if they somehow don't like it I'll buy it off 'em.

Timber Wolf

Single-Sixer
eveled said:
Now I am lusting after a 3" version. I might even sell my sp101 to fund it. Ed

Sell your SP? Man you must REALLY like the GP. I am quite fond of my GP too, but sell my SP? NEVER! And never is a loooonnnggg time.

eveled

Hawkeye
Timber Wolf said:
eveled said:
Now I am lusting after a 3" version. I might even sell my sp101 to fund it. Ed

Sell your SP? Man you must REALLY like the GP. I am quite fond of my GP too, but sell my SP? NEVER! And never is a loooonnnggg time.

You are so right! I don't know what I was thinking. Keep the SP and buy another GP, you can never have too many 357's. Thanks, Ed.