First "engraved" No.1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've had other engraved or etched Rugers, but never a No.1, especially with gold inlay. I guess it's not particularly rare, with 550 produced, but still pretty nice with the Circassian walnut stock and one of my favorite calibers and configurations, 1-S, .338 Win Mag. Includes the box and paper work, but not the original rings or sling swivels. Appears to be unfired, but can't say for sure......

It's a "Friends of the NRA" rifle denoting the 125th anniversary of the NRA. 1 of 550 with this one being 372. S/N is 133-31162. The box, however, has a sticker on the label saying "1996 Gun of the Year". And the S/N doesn't fall into the range in Chad's reference guide. Perhaps it is now the highest known S/N.

Here's a pic..

Dave :D

chet15

Hawkeye
Heliman said:
And the S/N doesn't fall into the range in Chad's reference guide. Perhaps it is now the highest known S/N.

I revised my serial number range on this one on my computer version of the reference. Yes, it is now the highest reported.
Chet15

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
Reviving this old thread, as I now own one of these too.

Unless someone else has documented a higher number than the one I just got, 133-31284, it looks like this is the new highest number.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I have Been watching this gun but, the wife said if I buy this it will be a cold lonely winter at my house but it does look sweet.